Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: do you keep an inventory of your cigars?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Juliatopsmokes View Post
    My fiancé smokes cigars I personally taste them. We always keep an inventory of our cigars since we have a business to run. I have every name and band from each cigar my fiancé smokes. I think if your more of a collector you might keep an inventory just to keep track of what you have and what you don't have. Me and him have a cigar business and we offer the top premium brands and rare cigars so it is crucial to keep track of everything.
    It's "you're" or "you are" not "your."

"He and I" not "Me and him." Does "Me" have a cigar business or do "I" have a cigar business? Does "He" have a cigar business or does "him" have a cigar business?

TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Blog Entries

Even before we started selling it was something we did as collectors.
    Congratulations!! The shock factor went up a notch.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86 View Post
    It's "you're" or "you are" not "your."

"He and I" not "Me and him." Does "Me" have a cigar business or do "I" have a cigar business? Does "He" have a cigar business or does "him" have a cigar business?

That's what happens when you type fast. Besides its a forum no one needs to get technical. Thanks for the correction. We are partners and own the business. Is that clear enough for you?

Blog Entries

That's what happens when you type fast. Besides its a forum no one needs to get technical. Thanks for the correction. We are partners and own the business. Is that clear enough for you?
    "it's" as in a contraction for "it is"

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

Well, if you call basic, 4th grade English grammar "technical". Yes, Captain Obvious this is indeed a forum. However, most of the members appreciate proper spelling and grammar.

When can we expect the sales to begin?

Even before we started selling it was something we did as collectors.
    PM Sent!

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    Well, if you call basic, 4th grade English grammar "technical". Yes, Captain Obvious this is indeed a forum. However, most of the members appreciate proper spelling and grammar.

When can we expect the sales to begin?
    The sales have already begun. We sell premium and exclusive cigars. We have the following:

Arturo Fuente * Opus x belicoso XXX

Opus x reserva d' chateu*

Opus x power ranger

Opus x Fuente Fuente

Cohiba espléndido*

Cohiba Behike 54*

Perdomo*

Padrón*

Gurkha*

And much more.

Blog Entries

<face palm>

If you're advertising to make money on a sale, then post such in the advertisement forum, not here.

Blog Entries

The sales have already begun. We sell premium and exclusive cigars. We have the following:

Arturo Fuente * Opus x belicoso XXX

Opus x reserva d' chateu*

Opus x power ranger

Opus x Fuente Fuente

Cohiba espléndido*

Cohiba Behike 54*

Perdomo*

Padrón*

Gurkha*

And much more.
    OOOOOOh, quite a list. Where are the prices? What's the url to your site? Why all the asterisks?

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    I have a spreadsheet, but I haven't updated it in a couple years.

The best I do is occasionally get everything out, and re-org.
    Thanks for the reminder... I think I should get around doing that soon.

I have these labels on the glass of my humidor, but no spreadsheet. And once I run out, I remove the labels and stick them on the fridge to if I want to replenish them, else I simply throw the labels away. They usually have the dates and basic info on them. A simple system.

I have an amazing app on my phone called cigars unlimited. Its really cool, because you can have several different humidors on the app, and basically, you look throught the app's built in library for the correct type of cigar you own, you type the ammount of it that you have, and it adds it. The cool part is the wish list feature, and a stats feature where you can see when you last smoked, the total number of cigars you own, the price that you have paid total for those cigars, and other neat stuff. You can add pictures, ratings, and even purchase locations to each cigar that is in your humidor also. Its pretty great. Its on the android market, possibly on the apple market.

Blog Entries

I've heard about those phone apps and people who use them like them. I'm too old to use those fancy, new-fangled contraptions for anything other than a telephone. Maybe I need to get into the 21st century sometime....

I think I said this somewhere before, I used to keep a spreadsheet updated for my inventory but it just got too time consuming so I haven't updated it in years. I also haven't been buying or smoking as many cigars as I used to so my stash isn't anywhere near what it used to be. It was very helpful in helping me remember at least where the cigars came from (like who gifted me certain cigars) and when I got them which is nice because that way, I'd know how much age was on them.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Quote Originally Posted by steffanan View Post
    I have an amazing app on my phone called cigars unlimited. Its really cool, because you can have several different humidors on the app, and basically, you look throught the app's built in library for the correct type of cigar you own, you type the ammount of it that you have, and it adds it. The cool part is the wish list feature, and a stats feature where you can see when you last smoked, the total number of cigars you own, the price that you have paid total for those cigars, and other neat stuff. You can add pictures, ratings, and even purchase locations to each cigar that is in your humidor also. Its pretty great. Its on the android market, possibly on the apple market.
    If I was not so fucking retarded with techno gizmo's, I would use that.
    It will always be a battle a day between those who want maximum change and those who want to maintain the status quo.
    ~ Gerry Adams

To all those who don't think they can figure out phone apps, don't worry. I personally don't know how to use spread sheets, they are more confusing than phones are now. That cigars unlimited app is really easy to use and is made just for our hobby unlike the boring white grid of a spreadsheet. If anyone on this forum has an android phone, I highly suggest trying it, there is a free version also!

I use a 10yr old cell phone, no camera, no flat screen, just a plain old BO-BO phone.
    It will always be a battle a day between those who want maximum change and those who want to maintain the status quo.
    ~ Gerry Adams

17. Default

Whatever it takes to delude yourself that your vice is a hobby is fine with me.

Doc
    Do draft dodgers have reunions? And if so what do they talk about?
    Doc

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
    I use a 10yr old cell phone, no camera, no flat screen, just a plain old BO-BO phone.
    oh um...in that case, have you looked into colored post-it notes haha. I don't know about anyone else here, but as with all of my hobbies, half of my fun is the research, and i really like owning a "collection" even if they are basically always on death row, ready to be burned up. I really enjoy keeping track of what i have, and where i got it, and how much it costed. It's kinda funny actually, i don't know of any other hobbies where people burn their collections of things. i literally watch my money go up in smoke

I tried spreadsheets and just got too lazy and/or forgetful to keep them up...It is a biatch to keep track especially with cigar makers that use similar bands (like various Arturo Fuente lines)...

Lately, I have just keeping them in the boxes and just removing the tops. The rub on that is it takes up more room and I believe adds to the humidity strain on your humidor. I like it since it lets me know exactly the stick I'm smoking and if I am running low. I've got two 2000ct and 1200ct electronic humidors and that has been the only way to keep track of what I have...

I'm in the middle of trying to contract out someone to build a walk-in humidor so the space problem can be solved...

Blog Entries

I started a spreadsheet. I thought I was going to go balls deep in this hobby and keep detailed inventory, tasting notes, etc. The tediousness immediately sucked out all the relaxing pleasure I was going for by smoking cigars so I quit. Now I just smoke whatever and if it's especially good I think to myself, "wow, that must have been in there for a while."

Thread Information