Quote Originally Posted by craig View Post
BTW, there are grades of Chinese humidors, and Chinese products generally. For humi's, look at the tassel on the key.

Black tassel: lowest grade, typically painted MDF with cedar veneer on the inside; tray may have a cedar divider;

Gold tassel: medium grade, typically painted MDF with cedar veneer on the box; seal and tray made of cedar.

Red tassel: highest (relative) grade, typically MDF with wood veneer on the outside and cedar veneer with some cedar lining on the inside. cedar tray.
That's good to know. I got lucky in both cases then and got a gold tassel, mid grade, humi. If I had known that before purchasing anything, I'd have likely spent the extra $$$ and got Red tassel humi's instead. I'll definitely be keeping that in mind for future reference, although I'm sure I'll move up to cooleradors once I have this 500 filled!

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzycrabs View Post
What's funny about this is that is the exact model that I was planning on getting. It's either that one or I'm going to be looking into a glass top one, that's around a 100 to 200 count humidor.
LOL, hey, it's a decent humi and as per Craig's post above, it's a mid grade humidor. All I know is it seals well and holds hit's RH decently. The 500 count my ol'lady got me last x'mas has glass on the top and the front. I like being able to look in and see the cigars without opening it, but I still like to pop it open and enjoy the beautiful aroma of spanish cedar and cigars from time to time too.