Thread: Question about my coolidor.

1. Default Question about my coolidor.

Hey guys I just built a coolidor for my cigars and the humidity seems to be a tad high.

I have two humidifiers similar to these not these ones. They are apparently good for 50 cigars each the package said. I filled them with straight distilled water. They are supposed to keep the humidity to 70%
    http://www.cheaphumidors.com/p_humid...HUMI-CM75.html

I bought http://www.cheaphumidors.com/p_digit...TAL-ROUND.html that hygrometer and calibrated it using

http://www.cheaphumidors.com/p_calib...ATING-KIT.html

I calibrated my gauge as per the instructions and put it in my coolidor.

I have a 28 qt cooler I put the two pucks on the left and right side of the cooler lid. The guage is in the middle of the cooler lid.

I'm getting humidity over 75 % at times. Is their something I'm missing?

I put 3 of these in the 2 days ago and wiped them down with some distled water

http://www.cheaphumidors.com/p_TRAY.html

Is it maybe because of the trays the humidity needs to get its self balanced or something? I thought these pucks are idiot proof... :P

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mopar44o View Post

I thought these pucks are idiot proof... :P
    reckon not
    The older I get ,the better I was

I didn't read if you have the cigars in there yet or not. Are they?
    Yay! Cigars!

4. Default

I do

Ok, Coolerdors are 100% air tight. When I recharge my Bead tubes my coolerdor will run over 70% ( do to too much distilled wtaer in beads) Just leave the lid open for a hour or two and then close it. Check the RH the next day if it's still two high repeat step 1. Unlike desktops, I will only have to charge my beads maybe twice a year in my coolerdors. This is not a very big problem. You should be able to get it under control quickly.
    It will always be a battle a day between those who want maximum change and those who want to maintain the status quo.
    ~ Gerry Adams

I just crack the lid on my cooler overnight after i recharge my pucks then just keep checking it, if it gets to high i crack the lid again till the excess humidity drops.
    designated whipping boy for the grammar police
    Just run everything threw a spell checker.

Then, do as the others have stated, crack the lid for a bit. If you charged 100% of the beads and your cigars are already at the proper RH, or higher, then there is nothing to absorb the excess humidity.
    Yay! Cigars!

8. Default

Ok that sucks... I'm gonna test the gauge one more time.

I guess a fan wouldn't make a difference? I'm guessing the only thing that will make a difference is more cigars (Awesome) or more cedar to absorb the humidity?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mopar44o View Post
    Ok that sucks... I'm gonna test the gauge one more time.

I guess a fan wouldn't make a difference? I'm guessing the only thing that will make a difference is more cigars (Awesome) or more cedar to absorb the humidity?
    Yep and Yep. If you have some of those cedar spacer blocks that come in some cigar boxes, you can put them in your oven at low temp for a bit and sort of "Kiln dry" them. Let them cool, then place them in your cooler fairly close to your beads and they'll suck up some moisture for you rather rapidly. You can put empty boxes or pieces of cedar in without drying them, the absorption of moisture will just be slower.

Thread Information