Thread: A little contest

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Actually, I’m not trying to argue with you. I’m trying to tell you something.

Since you joined, you plopped your feet up on the couch and have been posting like you own the place. That’s all well and good, but when junior members start to point out how we’re just such a big bad asshat bashing board, it rubs me the wrong way, and tells me that they don’t really know what this board is about. Probably because they haven’t spent nearly enough time here to get to know everyone. Ya know, community? Also, I did mention that I don’t know anything about you. How could I? You’ve been here for such a short time.

You failed what you call “the inevitable hazing” because you immediately got defensive and insulting towards me in every following post. I just posted a simple question which you could have answered as such:

Quote Originally Posted by TommyTree View Post
    I will infer that some of you, specifically you, don't read the posts closely enough. Nah, I was inferring that the public display of my PM might be the natural reaction of me acting like a spoiled brat who can't take a good-natured ribbing. In fact, the context of that entire post was my mockery of runningscared and his wussy little message to ashauler. I was just trying to join in on the fun, but maybe I'm too new for that.

But maybe it's not that you didn't understand the thread. Maybe it's just my turn for the hazing that everyone seems to get. If that's the case, you'll find it hard to harass me. I roll with it pretty well. But please, keep trying.
    Not everyone gets poked or hazed or bashed on this board, because if they did then the namesake of the fanclub here would be right, which he isn’t. Yes, scammers / scumbags / trolls get shown the door promptly. Also, mistakes are made, and I’m humble enough to admit that I’m not perfect. Almost all newblets get their questions answered, and are usually welcomed.

Lots of newbs get it wrong, that we’re a community bent on showing everyone the door, and only the thickest skinned, shit slingin’ hard asses remain. This isn’t true, as there have been many well adjusted people who have floated through and or remained here enjoying our community without a “hazing period”, nor a “hail of profanities”, and they took more than “half a minute on this forum” to get to know it / us.

Will
    Last edited by badwhale; 12-21-2011 at 11:34 AM. Reason: couple typos
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Thread Information