Thread: The best cigar that you smoked in 2011 was ...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Default The best cigar that you smoked in 2011 was ...

This is a just-for-fun end-of-year thread.

For me, the best cigar was the one that I just finished smoking. I smoked it to celebrate hitting my weight loss goal for 2011 - I've lost 10% of my (not inconsiderable) weight. I'm not one to save cigars for special occasions, but I have been holding onto this one for a month or so in anticipation.

At the beginning of the year, I had three (IIRC) of these left from the box, and this last one has been the best of the three. It smoked like a Padron 80th natural, but better,and with tobacco that no Padron has. As much as I feel the brand is over-priced and over-rated, the best single cigar that I smoked this year was a Cohiba Edición Limitada 2006 Pyramid.

What was your best cigar of 2011, and why?

Mine was the Casa Magna Domus Magnus. Because it was so mild, the subtle flavors were able to emerge and make me focus on the intricacies of a cigar for the first time. Before that, I just enjoyed the overall flavor of my cigar. Plus it's just a really good cigar.

Thumbs up

For me it is a Toss up between one of my goto cigars the Oliva Serie V Figurado or the Epernay 09 Le Monde by Illusione.

Edit forgot the Why! Well The Illusione was very medium to full very well made cigar had a little bit of a burn issue but taste was very good. Price wasn't to bad.

J
    Last edited by Collective Cigars; 12-23-2011 at 09:36 PM.

This year has been quite busy, so cigar smoking has been a rare treat. I have been doing my usual go-to's (AF Anejo's, WOAM, Opus X, a few ISOM's, etc.) because I really have not wanted to somke anything I knew I would not enjoy.

The first "new" cigar I've smoked this year was on Tuesday night. I fired ujp a Davidoff Maduro R. I must say - I was blown away. Though - what's not to like? It's well constructed and Helnik Kelner is the most recognized blender in the industry. I knew when I picked it up it would be very likely I would enjoy it. I was not disappointed - a very nice balance of spice (not too much) and flavor.

I'll be smoking those again!

Blog Entries

Best cigar I've smoked this year....Probably a Padron 80th Maduro

Reason: I smoked it around my birthday as a celebration.

Congrats you achieving your goal, Craig!

HNY!
    Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

6. Default

Toss up between my last Belinda Blue Band Presidente maduro from early 90's and all of the Fuente Mag R Rosados i smoked this year. I know it goes against the grain of the peeps here but I absolutely will not shell out the $ for a Padron above the thousand series. But probably in the top 10 best ever I smoked was a Padron Millennium Maduro
    The older I get ,the better I was

Blog Entries

It doesn't seem from all the browsing I have done the God of Fire sticks are very popular, but I had a few this year and they were the best in my humble opinion. Also, had a few Opus X, Padron 45th maduro, and a Casa Fuente. I'm still in the early stages of my ever developing obsession with cigars so reading the other posts here are giving me some ideas of things to try in the year 20 oh 12.

Blog Entries

While it is the new year here (the Canadian government year-end is March 31), I didn't think it would be celebrated as such outside Ottawa ...

Blog Entries

A great cigar can absolutely save an otherwise shitty day. Especially when paired with a good stiff drink. :)

I have found that just having a great cigar in my humidor is occasion enough to smoke it. I bought 6 Opus X double coronas in January to "age". I had 1 left by mid February.

No idea at this point what my best of 2011 was but I can say 100% that the best cigar I have had and will have in 2012 is the La Gloria Serie R for my daughter's birth.
    Last edited by prophetic_joe; 04-29-2012 at 11:08 AM.
    "I'm a leaf on the wind watch how I soar."
    Hoban Washburn

Thread Information