Thread: Proper humidity

1. Default Proper humidity

Outer wrapper on cigars tend to start unwrapping after lighting up. Is that due to too much or too little humidity? I try to keep humidor at 70degrees and 65% humidity. I also generally leave cigars in wrappers. Any suggestions?? Thanks.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by philiprob View Post
    Outer wrapper on cigars tend to start unwrapping after lighting up. Is that due to too much or too little humidity? I try to keep humidor at 70degrees and 65% humidity. I also generally leave cigars in wrappers. Any suggestions?? Thanks.
    Hi. I'm Will, I'll be your customer service representative today.

If they're Gurkha perfectos, it doesn't matter what you keep them at. They fall apart.

Maybe you're cutting too much off the end? If your settings are accurate, you shouldn't have any trouble. Also, by "leave cigars in wrappers" I assume you mean cellophane.

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

I actually remove the wrappers. Binder and filler only, that's how I roll.

4. Default

Live in San Antonio, and buy cigars from Finck Cigar Company here. Company has a sales store with controlled humidity, keeping cigars fresh. Buy mine by the bundle or box, and normally get the cheaper ($1.50-1.75 each) kinds. Leave them in the individual wrappers, but remove the bundle celophane wrapper. As I said, they seem to get dry and thus the wrapper peels away while smoking. Any suggestions?? Thanks again.

Blog Entries

Live in San Antonio, and buy cigars from Finck Cigar Company here. Company has a sales store with controlled humidity, keeping cigars fresh. Buy mine by the bundle or box, and normally get the cheaper ($1.50-1.75 each) kinds. Leave them in the individual wrappers, but remove the bundle celophane wrapper. As I said, they seem to get dry and thus the wrapper peels away while smoking. Any suggestions?? Thanks again.
    My guess, based on the above info, is poor construction. What is the color of your ash when you smoke them? If it's nearly all black, they are too dry. If they split while smoking, they're too wet.

Get a 5er of something more expensive (doesn't have to be super premium), and smoke 1 a month. I bet you don't have any problems, that is if your humidor is reading correctly.

Will

Uncle Tupelo

6. Default

So too much moisture causes splitting or wrapper breaking? In other words better to be too dry than moist. If so, my guage showing 65% is off.

Blog Entries

So too much moisture causes splitting or wrapper breaking? In other words better to be too dry than moist. If so, my guage showing 65% is off.
    Yes, or shitty cigar manufacturing.

Will

Uncle Tupelo

Thread Information