Thread: Umami

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Umami

This is a taste I rarely have heard about in the cigar world. I hear words like; earth, hay, grassy, peat, and barnyard. I find myself seeking and finding umami on a regular basis. It's hard to describe since it is so close to home. Umami is one taste that we all know, yet it's so elusive. I love me some umami.

Not familiar with Umami, but I love the sig

Team Blowholes owns the Whiny Bitches!

Blog Entries

Yeah, I had to look up what it was, and am still unsure as to when I taste that in a cigar...

Yep, nice signatures, guys!
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

Well, at least you blowholes can make sig-tags proclaiming your, uh, superiority........see, those team names just chose themselves.

Blog Entries

Pay no attention, Whiny Bitches.

This is a Jedi-mind control trick. There is no such thing as Umami. Nothing to see here. They're trying to distract us from winning and further push their Blowjob Agenda.

You came close. But you will find we are worthy dignitaries of you mediocre, feeble attempts to confuse us.

Whiny Bitches, UNITE!!!!!!

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mrtr33 View Post
    Pay close attention, Whiny Bitches.

This is a Jedi-mind control trick. There is no such thing as Umami (or is there?) Nothing to see here. They're going to distract us from winning and further push their Awesomeness Agenda.

We will not come close. But you will find we are helpless against your advanced, strong methods which already confuse us.

Whiny Bitches, SUCK!!!!!!
    Mark, Look! An Eagle!!!!!!
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by FightingFish View Post
    This is a taste I rarely have heard about in the cigar world. I hear words like; earth, hay, grassy, peat, and barnyard. I find myself seeking and finding umami on a regular basis. It's hard to describe since it is so close to home. Umami is one taste that we all know, yet it's so elusive. I love me some umami.
    Umami is a unique description, on Wikipedia it said it is used to describes a combination of these flavors (sweet, sour, bitter, and salty) or just a general word used to describe something savory. I think I might start using that one so I can sound a little more intelligent

Quote Originally Posted by FightingFish View Post
    So what are some cigars you've tried that you've picked up umami?

Quote Originally Posted by victory01 View Post
    So what are some cigars you've tried that you've picked up umami?
    I think what spawned this thread was a Siboney. I get a real savory satisfaction in the last third. Initially they are kinda sweet with a dry cocoa. That fades away though, and they change to something I think of as umami. Can't say it's really stood out in too many other smokes.

Pot roast juices produce umami. Cincinnati chili also may too.

Thread Information