Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Interesting Cigar Facts

Quote Originally Posted by heftysmokes View Post
    Ha! Are we entirely sure you didn't write The original cigars4dummies.com page and were embarrassed to have your name attached to it?
    My wife actually bought me a hardcopy of Cigars for dummies as a gift last year. I smiled and said I loved it
    It will always be a battle a day between those who want maximum change and those who want to maintain the status quo.
    ~ Gerry Adams

Blog Entries

Please cite fully.

As an aside, the first link has nothing to do with what you have posted, and says quite the opposite in a rather humourous manner - or perhaps my sense of humour isn't quite the same as many (Cigar smoking leads to increased rates of rectal cancer). I didn't search all of them, but the general theme was the exact opposite of your statements. Did you read any of your citations?

As a second aside, here is a pdf of an interesting cigar info, an analysis of cigar ratings: http://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/docs..._WP_201036.pdf
    Craig
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh Cigar Jesus just wept - kevin7
    A cigar storage primer | Basic Cuban cigar info

3. Default

fuck with an italian at your own peril????????? Seriously wtf is wrong with you ? Are you fucking retarded?
    The older I get ,the better I was

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill's Ghost View Post
    [SIZE=3][FONT=Palatino Linotype]Oh Brother .. am I really gonna have to do this .. here!!!

Yup! "Facts" pure and homegrown just like the tobacco-picking fields of Honduras!

<snip>

F*ck with an Italian at your peril - so they say!
    I suspect you believe there's only one Italian on his forum? ...far worse to f*ck with an Italian/German combo.

Well, seems as if my European humour is going down like the proverbial lead ballon with some of our North American cousins, lol!

Here, some cigar quotes to help the "WTF" brigade to calm down a little:

"A woman is only a woman, but a good cigar is a smoke." - Rudyard Kipling

"I have made it a rule never to smoke more that one cigar at a time." - Mark Twain

"The only way to break a bad habit was to replace it with a better habit.” (explaining why he switched from cigarettes to cigars) – Jack Nicholson

and last, but by no means least:

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form.” – Winston Churchill

CG

Blog Entries

Well, seems as if my European humour is going down like the proverbial lead ballon with some of our North American cousins, lol!

Here, some cigar quotes to help the "WTF" brigade to calm down a little:

"A woman is only a woman, but a good cigar is a smoke." - Rudyard Kipling

"I have made it a rule never to smoke more that one cigar at a time." - Mark Twain

"The only way to break a bad habit was to replace it with a better habit.” (explaining why he switched from cigarettes to cigars) – Jack Nicholson

and last, but by no means least:

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form.” – Winston Churchill

CG
    European sense of humor? Yep, I'm sure that's the problem here.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    European sense of humor? Yep, I'm sure that's the problem here.
    The problem might be that in addition to many of us here not having any sense of context, we also struggle greatly with having sense of humor.
    Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Buzz is smoking our cigars. This probably is his triumphant scam.

Default Did you know that ..

Ybor City near Tampa, Florida was once the cigar capital of the world. Many renown cigar producers from Cuba immigrated to Florida in the late 1800’s and Ybor became a flourishing cigar town with some 70 cigar factories.

Ybor City near Tampa, Florida was once the cigar capital of the world. Many renown cigar producers from Cuba immigrated to Florida in the late 1800’s and Ybor became a flourishing cigar town with some 70 cigar factories.
    Have you even been to Ybor City?

Blunt force trauma to the head ?
    It's the only explanation I can come up with.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bachegia.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	59.2 KB 
ID:	2931
    Last edited by Paddy; 03-03-2012 at 11:40 AM.
    It will always be a battle a day between those who want maximum change and those who want to maintain the status quo.
    ~ Gerry Adams

Thread Information