Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Forum Member

Default New Forum Member

Hello Everyone,
    My name is Mike and although I'm a veteran in the cigar space, I'm new in the forums. Recently I've decided to take my passion a few steps further and I've started a career in the cigar space, as well as immersed myself in the lifestyle. This is only my 2nd cigar forum that I've joined, and I think i'm going to cap it at two. Not trying to spread myself too thin, but certainly interested in meeting cigar smokers from around the country.

As for cigars, I like em in all shapes and sizes because I review them... My go to cigar is the Rocky Patel vintage 1990. Recently had a Blue Label that I loved, and a Fuente Claro... smoking a green cigar was interesting to say the least, some very unique flavors. I'm from NY and i'm a member of a club here in town. Other than that i'm not really all that interesting. Your move.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ci60Mike View Post
    Hello Everyone,
    My name is Mike and although I'm a veteran in the cigar space, I'm new in the forums. Recently I've decided to take my passion a few steps further and I've started a career in the cigar space, as well as immersed myself in the lifestyle. This is only my 2nd cigar forum that I've joined, and I think i'm going to cap it at two. Not trying to spread myself too thin, but certainly interested in meeting cigar smokers from around the country.

As for cigars, I like em in all shapes and sizes because I review them... My go to cigar is the Rocky Patel vintage 1990. Recently had a Blue Label that I loved, and a Fuente Claro... smoking a green cigar was interesting to say the least, some very unique flavors. I'm from NY and i'm a member of a club here in town. Other than that i'm not really all that interesting. Your move.
    Welcome, Mike, from central Oregon.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Blog Entries

Howdy.

Welcome from Western Oregon.
    "It was a pleasure to burn." - Ray Bradbury

Hello Everyone,

Welcome, Mike! My go-to cigar is the Montecristo White NO. 2 Belicoso or in the toro size. I use to buy then by the tin, but I can never find them anymore. So, I purchase them by the bundle or by singles.

Welcome from Ma.
    It will always be a battle a day between those who want maximum change and those who want to maintain the status quo.
    ~ Gerry Adams

Hi and welcome to the board from Alberta, Canada
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

8. Default hey there

I am also a newbie joined today and thought I would kinda somewhat hijack this thread. I was hoping someone can point me in the right direction to some quality sticks. My tastes are as follows:

Coffee - I enjoy dark robust coffees, especially New Orleans style with chicory

Bourbon - Buffalo Trace and Woodford Reserve

So to sum up; I enjoy good earthy flavors but not to where it over powers the palate. I like brown sugar/ sweet molasses and dry leather. Does anyone know anything cigars (THAT ARE NOT INFUSED) that would match those notes pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by joeymac View Post
    I am also a newbie joined today and thought I would kinda somewhat hijack this thread. I was hoping someone can point me in the right direction to some quality sticks. My tastes are as follows:

So to sum up; I enjoy good earthy flavors but not to where it over powers the palate. I like brown sugar/ sweet molasses and dry leather. Does anyone know anything cigars (THAT ARE NOT INFUSED) that would match those notes pretty well.
    Hey joeymac.

It's usually best to start your own introduction thread.

As to your questions, we have a "reviews" section you might want to start looking through it.
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

Quote Originally Posted by joeymac View Post

I dont know of anything that fit all of that criteria but the Gurkha Legend comes to mind.

Welcome from western Oregon.
    Latest smokes:
    Cigar: 5/19: Nub Connecticut 464T
    Pipe: 3/16: G.L. Pease~Charing Cross

I dont know of anything that fit all of that criteria but the Gurkha Legend comes to mind.
    Woodford Reserve or Buffalo Trace could be paired up against a medium smoke - that's not too difficult. Probably something like a Gurkha Legend would be okay. Personally, I would prefer something like a Fuente Don Carlos, or a Cuesta Ray Centro Fino.

But I would say that if he's looking to pair a cigar against a "bold" flavor like "dark robust coffees", it's going to take something that has some "meat" - something strong/bold. Probably something pretty full bodied, wouldn't you think? La Flor Dominicana comes to mind, right off the top of my head...

So - Mike - what is this "Cigars in 60" all about? Tell us about it!

No longer just south of the middle of no where! Now in Clearwater Florida.
    Blog Entries

Welcome from eastern oregon!
    Just another day at the office!

Welcome from AZ.
    Wild

On Tap -

1. Red IPA
    2. Extreme Red

Secondary - Mesquite Bourbon Mead

"The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind." - Humphrey Bogart

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    So - Mike - what is this "Cigars in 60" all about? Tell us about it!
    CigarsIn60 is a cigar review website, however i focus the content to be contained in consumable 60 second videos. The idea being that the new age of cigar smokers, the 20 somethings need to have this information in a format that they are used to consuming. Personally, i like a nice detailed review, but I saw an opportunity for this style to work so i'm going for it. Slow as she goes right now, just working on more content and such as I'm traveling about the USA.

The idea is that by the end of the year i'll have the more popular cigars of the year reviewed, as well as whats new for next year, and accessories as well, and some processes (how to set up a humi) etc.

My pain right now is time, I need to get a few people contributing reviews and pictures for me to make videos out of, so that I can push up more content, faster. Probably a good year before she brings in any substantial revenue but by god its fun to do.

Check it out if you'd like: www.CigarsIn60.com

CigarsIn60 is a cigar review website, however i focus the content to be contained in consumable 60 second videos. The idea being that the new age of cigar smokers, the 20 somethings need to have this information in a format that they are used to consuming. Personally, i like a nice detailed review, but I saw an opportunity for this style to work so i'm going for it. Slow as she goes right now, just working on more content and such as I'm traveling about the USA.

The idea is that by the end of the year i'll have the more popular cigars of the year reviewed, as well as whats new for next year, and accessories as well, and some processes (how to set up a humi) etc.

My pain right now is time, I need to get a few people contributing reviews and pictures for me to make videos out of, so that I can push up more content, faster. Probably a good year before she brings in any substantial revenue but by god its fun to do.

Check it out if you'd like: www.CigarsIn60.com
    ...and therein lies the problem with many "20 somethings". How can you possibly enjoy anything in less than 60 seconds - especially a well made, nice cigar. Somethings just take time.

I get where you're going with this - after all, isn't this what built television (e.g. 60 second commercials)? I just sincerely hope you're not trying to hawk cigars like Billy Mays did Oxyclean.

Blog Entries

At least we haven't been bombarded with links.

18. Default

20 somethings shouldn't be smoking cigars. They look dumber than a fuck with a cigar in their hands. A man needs to have a few gray hairs in his head and a few wrinkles in his face before a cigar looks proper in his mouth.

Doc
    Do draft dodgers have reunions? And if so what do they talk about?
    Doc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    How can you possibly enjoy anything in less than 60 seconds -
    You mean besides sex, right?

Quote Originally Posted by kingbeefy View Post
    You mean besides sex, right?
    Ha! Good form.

Truth is that the future of the craft depends on them, whether you like em or not. I certainly don't hock cigars... i dont get paid to do it. I give my high level thoughts on each stick, to hopefully guide the potential consumer into making a more educated experience.

Be honest tho, as much as you might not like a :60 video of a cigar review, would you watch some of the 16 -25 minute cigar reviews on youtube right now? They're terrible...

Thread Information