Thread: New Humidor Help

1. Default New Humidor Help

So I have purchased some nice new cigars and they are a significant upgrade from my current collection of machine rolled cigars. So I don't trust these to the used garage sale humidor and drymistat tube. So I am in the market for a new humidor and humidification system. I have 50 new cigars and would like to get a humidor that allows for some expansion (maybe 75-100 cigars).

Utility and price over looks but I definitely want something nice to keep these beauties for the long run.

This is the humidor I've been looking at so far: http://www.cheaphumidors.com/p_HUM-100ADR.html

I keep reading about kitty litter crystals for humidity, is that really the best way (minus the really expensive electric system I am not willing to pay for).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by macinnisl View Post
    So I have purchased some nice new cigars and they are a significant upgrade from my current collection of machine rolled cigars. So I don't trust these to the used garage sale humidor and drymistat tube. So I am in the market for a new humidor and humidification system. I have 50 new cigars and would like to get a humidor that allows for some expansion (maybe 75-100 cigars).

Utility and price over looks but I definitely want something nice to keep these beauties for the long run.

This is the humidor I've been looking at so far: http://www.cheaphumidors.com/p_HUM-100ADR.html

I keep reading about kitty litter crystals for humidity, is that really the best way (minus the really expensive electric system I am not willing to pay for).

Thanks
    My wife bought me a 500 count humi from Cheap Humidors and other than them double shipping the order, I have no complaints. The humi seals well and looks pretty good and the price was actually decent considering it had to be shipped all the way to Canada. I did by an electric humidifier (Hyrda-SM) and am pleased with it but if it ever breaks, I'll be buying beads instead.

I did buy some humidifier beads from Heartfelt Beads for my travel humidor and if/when my electric humidifer breaks, I'll replace it with their beads as well. I recommend you look at their stuff before buying any from anywhere else.
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

I like the look of that humidor.
    designated whipping boy for the grammar police
    Just run everything threw a spell checker.

4. Default

I just got the same one pretty much just with a different paint job; because my 50 count humidor was getting really full. and besides replacing the Humidifier with beads, and getting a digital Hygrometer I have nothing bad to say. So in other words go for it, but i would suggest replacing the hardware.

5. Default

Cuban Crafters has some nice humis too

http://www.cubancrafters.com/categor...UBAN-CRAFTERS/
    The older I get ,the better I was

Thread Information