Thread: Best humidifier for a small humidor?

Default Best humidifier for a small humidor?

Hi, I bought one of hese Dry Mist things today that takes tap water, and has the propolene glycol crystals in it. What do you all think of these?

Default Return It and Buy These

Welcome to the boards, and return what you bought. Buy beads from http://heartfeltindustries.com/store/index.php?cPath=22 Buy the half pound bag of 65% and then look at this post on how to use the beads effectively: http://www.cigarsmokers.com/t1517-pr...-the-last.html

These are the best way to humidify that is low maintenance. Also, never use tap water, I don't care what a thing says, tap water has impurities that can lead to mold, you need to use distilled water. After all it's only 99 cents or so at the grocery store.

Good luck!
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Default question

Quote Originally Posted by BigMacFU
    Welcome to the boards, and return what you bought. Buy beads from http://heartfeltindustries.com/store/index.php?cPath=22 Buy the half pound bag of 65% and then look at this post on how to use the beads effectively: http://www.cigarsmokers.com/t1517-pr...-the-last.html

These are the best way to humidify that is low maintenance. Also, never use tap water, I don't care what a thing says, tap water has impurities that can lead to mold, you need to use distilled water. After all it's only 99 cents or so at the grocery store.

Good luck!
    Question - I also checked out the links and have a question. Besides the obvious 5% what is the difference between keeping the cigars at 65% as opposed to 70%? I have always been told 70%

Thanks

65%, people say 70 because that's what they've heard. Most cigars smoke too wet at 70% and that leads to lots of burn problems. Ideally, your cigars should be between 60-65% to ensure a perfect burn.

Everybody has their own tastes, but I'd go with the better burn at 60-65%.
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

make sense to me. I'll do one of my humidors at 65% and one at 70% to test for my preference.

Thanks

I have a little 15 count box (75-100 coming any day now) and the drymistat works fine in it.

But I have also heard plenty of good things about the heartfelt beads.

If you aren't having a problem with maintaining your cigars I don't see any reason to invest in something new though.

7. Cool

A DryMistat device in a five count Otter box (purchased at a great price from cigarbid.com after a recommendation on c/s) is working very well for me. There is a tiny little credo-like humidifier in the lid of the otter box but life's too short to be fooling around with humidification solution and an eye-dropper and still worrying that you got it right, isn't it?

On the other hand, I find that Heartfelt Industries offers a very similar product, Heartfelt Beads 65% Tube Medium, slightly cheaper and in both 65% and 70% rh versions.

I've been reading about these "beads" on here for weeks now. Thanks BigMacFU for finally posting a link.
    Last edited by Corona Gigante; 08-05-2005 at 10:34 AM.

With a 96 qt Igloo coller and the 65% beads, you won't need to buy another humidor within a few months!

9. Default

Just converted to beads. Will never use anything else. Heartfelt gave me good prompt service. Purchase with confidence.

10. Default

i just bought a small tube of the 70% beads from heartfelt. all i have is one of the small desk humidors that hold 50 cigars.

will this small tube be enough for me???
    Last edited by jayrob33; 09-20-2005 at 01:24 PM.

11. Default

Since this thread was brought back from the dead...

Does anyone use the little tube? How do you connect/levitate/rest/hide it in your humi? Magnets? Duct tape?

Thread Information