Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gurkha Beauty.. WTF

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    Whoah... $85k to teach the munchkins? I hope you're not an English teacher or grade your students on writing papers...
    Lol. How hard can it be to grade 3rd grade work? I must admit though, the math that is taught to them sometimes catches up to me, i have to stop and figure out the problem first

Blog Entries

I assume that you're making light of the school system that seems to be treating you quite well.
    But (and you had to know there would be one), when you blow through writing a post using lousy spelling and grammar and then push the "Submit Post" button without first pushing the "Preview Post" button to fix things that are wrong, you are making the assumption the rest of us don't mind struggling through it to figure what you're trying to say. It's a little off-putting. You obviously have an education, so have respect for us and put it to use. Preview Post, Preview Post, Preview Post. And oh yeah, did I mention Preview Post?
    You've come to the right forum. Now, take a look around at how things are done and join in properly while you still can. You won't be sorry.
    As for the Gurkhas, put them away. They might fill the bill for you one of these days. You never know. Don't use the firehouse as a dumping ground. Take those guys a handful of Padron 2000s or something similar and tell them "Thanks". You'll be a much better citizen for it.
    Matt

" I enjoy the smell of a good cigar." - Amanda Benefiel (my late Grandmother)

Quote Originally Posted by ash13brook View Post
    I assume that you're making light of the school system that seems to be treating you quite well.
    But (and you had to know there would be one), when you blow through writing a post using lousy spelling and grammar and then push the "Submit Post" button without first pushing the "Preview Post" button to fix things that are wrong, you are making the assumption the rest of us don't mind struggling through it to figure what you're trying to say. It's a little off-putting. You obviously have an education, so have respect for us and put it to use. Preview Post, Preview Post, Preview Post. And oh yeah, did I mention Preview Post?
    You've come to the right forum. Now, take a look around at how things are done and join in properly while you still can. You won't be sorry.
    As for the Gurkhas, put them away. They might fill the bill for you one of these days. You never know. Don't use the firehouse as a dumping ground. Take those guys a handful of Padron 2000s or something similar and tell them "Thanks". You'll be a much better citizen for it.
    Thanks for the advice. Shit, now I feel horrible about my spelling and nochalant attitude. Darn you askbrook lol. Off to the preview post button I go!

Quote Originally Posted by ash13brook View Post
    This is something most decent boards struggle with - creating a sense amongst visitors that there are educated folks in their community...

Think of it this way. If visitors needed to translate the bulk of the posts on this board because they were badly misspelled and grammatically butchered, what incentive would there be to stick around?

I've lived in this neighborhood for many years. I've always enjoyed interacting with intelligent folks. I don't understand why lazy, supposedly educated folks would not feel obligated to post in a way others would understand. It so disrespectful when they don't.

Blog Entries

All you edumacated bastards are harming my self-esteem. I'm still waiting for my participation trophy. Bastards!

This is something most decent boards struggle with - creating a sense amongst visitors that there are educated folks in their community...

Think of it this way. If visitors needed to translate the bulk of the posts on this board because they were badly misspelled and grammatically butchered, what incentive would there be to stick around?

I've lived in this neighborhood for many years. I've always enjoyed interacting with intelligent folks. I don't understand why lazy, supposedly educated folks would not feel obligated to post in a way others would understand. It so disrespectful when they don't.
    Couldnt have said it better G.

IMO Gurkha Beauty is not one of their best stogies. I didn't have a good experience with them also.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by f4milytime View Post
    IMO Gurkha Beauty is not one of their best stogies. I didn't have a good experience with them also.
    Its nice two see that the advise too use good spelling and grammer is being heeded.
    Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Buzz is smoking our cigars. This probably is his triumphant scam.

Quote Originally Posted by buzz View Post
    Its nice two see that the advise too use good spelling and grammer is being heeded.

Who are you????
    Yay! Cigars!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mizicke5273 View Post
    Who are you????
    I'm the one on the far right.

To quote Larry the cable guy....

"I don't care who you are, that's funny!"

Thanks for starting my Thursday off with a good chuckle!
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

I now see how the internet distorts perceptions... I always pictured buzz as being the one on the far left, not the far right.

Blog Entries

I now see how the internet distorts perceptions... I always pictured buzz as being the one on the far left, not the far right.
    Nah, they won't let me carry a baton yet...

Nah, they won't let me carry a baton yet...

Really; I am glad to see your superiors are at least competent.
    Yay! Cigars!

Thread Information