Thread: First Timer

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by labmonkey
    Another Texas boy! welcome to the group.

Brenham, Texas....isn't that home of Bluebell Icecream?
    mmmm Homemade Vanilla... I cant get enough of the stuff.. granted it does nothing for my girlish figure....
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

Blog Entries

Welcome to the board!

Welcme to the board! From here, I'd just enjoy your smokes, start posting, and read even more. If you end up staying in the hobby, you'll soon be rid of the jar and onto a cooledor (search threads for cooledor info) and humidification beads. You'll also be spending a lot more money than you had ever intended

If you ever have any questions ask us, and if we've answered it before we'll say search if we're feeling tired. Otherwise you'll have about thirty answers in a matter of a couple hours.

Again, welcome, and just for you GO CUBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Welcome to Cigarsmokers.com

One last bit of advice. Since jars store cigars upright and they can move around more, the wrappers are prone to a little more stress. Keep the cellophane on to protect your cigars from minor wrapper damage.

just wanted to welcome you to Cigarsmokers.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
    and I'm not sure about the former." -
    Albert Einstein

Default And what's WRONG about Bluebell Ice Cream!!!!!??????

There's nothing wrong with a small town. AND THERE"S NOTHING WRONG OR SHAMEFUL ABOUT BLUEBELL ICECREAM!!!!!!!

http://www.bluebell.com/Default.htm

Oh God! Poor Bessie! She works SO hard. Day and night at the milking machine. Sucking and sucking her teats! Draing her bone dry just so that you can enjoy THE INCREDIBLE EXPERIENCE OF BLUEBELL ICE CREAM!!!!

YOU BASTARDS! HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO HER!!!????

No, but seriously. There are millions who would probably love to live there if they only could. But then it wouldn't be a small town anymore. Would it?

Hell, my town is known for the jet engine, shoes, drugs and prostitution. Oh.... I forgot to mention drive by shootings and murder.

I'd prefer Ice Cream any day.

Default By the way....

welcome to the board!

Brenham, TX.....home of BlueBell Ice Cream!

haha thanks guys for the welcome! after i figure what brand i like ill go ahead and read up on a coolidor lol. they look cheap and seem to function well.

and btw......go astros.....

Tomorrow........well actually today, considering its 2:30 a.m, I'm going to stop by a cigar shop here in Houston and pick me up a few sticks for the week. Im helping move my girlfriend into her dorm last this week, and I figured since I was in town why not pick me up a few sticks at the a shop in town. So, that being said; anyone have any suggestions on what I should pick up? I dont want to smoke any $12 cigars the next couple days but maybe a few $4-6 ones. Appreciate yals opinions yet again!

P.S. - Leave me a list of about 3-4 cigars that vary diversly in flavor.(Remember I'm still in the taste testing stage of my life)

Quote Originally Posted by MMAB
    There's nothing wrong with a small town. AND THERE"S NOTHING WRONG OR SHAMEFUL ABOUT BLUEBELL ICECREAM!!!!!!!

http://www.bluebell.com/Default.htm

Oh God! Poor Bessie! She works SO hard. Day and night at the milking machine. Sucking and sucking her teats! Draing her bone dry just so that you can enjoy THE INCREDIBLE EXPERIENCE OF BLUEBELL ICE CREAM!!!!

YOU BASTARDS! HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO HER!!!????

No, but seriously. There are millions who would probably love to live there if they only could. But then it wouldn't be a small town anymore. Would it?

Hell, my town is known for the jet engine, shoes, drugs and prostitution. Oh.... I forgot to mention drive by shootings and murder.

I'd prefer Ice Cream any day.
    Just listen to the theme song, it will calm you down:

Blue Bell homemade ice cream
    It's the perfect way to saaaay
    Have yourself a Blue Bell country daaaaay.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Welp I had me a stick from the romeo and juliata line today......I wasnt "impressed" but it wasn't bad. I forget which one it was, obiviously it isnt that important because I dont think Ill try another one SOON, but thats not to say I wont later on. I believe the cigar was the one that comes with a cedar shell around it inside the plastic. I also picked up a Perdomo Reserve La Tradicion Cameroon while I was at it. I have yet to smoke the Perdomo but I will later this weekend. By the way, I got both these sticks here in Humble, Texas at a place called The Cigar Parlor. Since I dont have a humidor with me or one at all yet, they provided me with a heavy duty plastic bag and I just put a small piece of paper towel in there with some water on it to hopefully keep some sort of humidity in there. The cigar of course is kept in a cooled house (72 degrees) until I get a chance to light it up.

Here we go, I found the reciept from the cigar store. The Romeo.... was a 1875 Cedro Deluxe No. 2. Fellas there at the store were very nice, probably could have been more helpful had I asked for it .

Hey David:

Welcome, and you got yourself a nice sampler! I picked the same one up at Cbid, and enjoyed every stick.

Moo
    "Chicks dig me cuz I rarely wear underwear, and when I do, it's usually something unusual"--Bill Murray, "Stripes"

I'm so excited my package from ci.com is coming in tomorrow Hopefully I get the nooner delivery and not the 5pm delivery Ill post some pics and let yal know how my first online purchase of cigars goes!

16. Default

I'm a relative newbie myself, so a few quick pieces of advice:

1. Ask the shopkeep. For my first "batch" of cigars, I went to my local shop and asked the girl there for some advice. She picked out something like 7 sticks around $5. Since she knew every cigar in the place, she was able to give me a broad spectrum of flavors...

2. Keep a diary. I'm very bad at this, but when I take the time to review it, I can see what I've forgotten I smoked.

3. If you're new, don't be too harsh on a cigar. I smoked a few early on that were probably WAY too powerful for me. Make a note about it in your diary and try another stick later.

4. Enjoy!

-----late addition

5. Keep a list. I don't really do this at all, but try to keep a list of cigars you'd like to try. If you read publications and forum posts and stuff, you're going to find out about specific smokes you might be interested in. Jot them down for next time you're in the smoke shop (or, like me, you'll forget half the stuff you wanted to try)
    Last edited by SuperChuck; 08-22-2005 at 08:05 AM.

Thread Information