Thread: Yet another newbie

Default Yet another newbie

Hey all, just wanted to introduce myself...I've been reading here on CS for a while, decided to finally register and start posting. I'm also kinda new to the cigar world to start with, I've had a Punch Gran Puro that I thought was outstanding, and a few Arturo Fuente Curly Head Deluxe's, which I could learn to like as I develop my palette more. I've had problems with draw though, and thought I'd seek advice here. I'm not sure if I'm just getting a tight-drawing stick to start with, or if I'm not drawing properly, but I can't get much smoke at all, and it takes me a lot more time to enjoy a cigar than I have. Any suggestions on proper draw technique?

i don't really know the answer to your question, but i wanted to welcome you to the board!

Blog Entries

Are the Cigar's dried out? Sometimes the vendors don't keep their humidors at the right settings and can dry out a Cigar which makes them difficult to smoke.

Oh, and welcome to the boards!!!
    (I'm new also )

I don't think they're dried out, the walk-in humidor had the temp. and rh gauges right there, 70 and 70. Also, the buddy I smoke with isn't having the same problems...and I bought both sticks (the Punch's) at the same time. So I really think it's my technique.

I think the Curly Heads might be a short filler cigar which tend to have draw problems a bit more often. Also I tend to keep my cigars around 65% RH in my humidors at home and I see to have less problems with draw.

Welcome to Cigarsmokers

SFG75 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dfrea
    Hey all, just wanted to introduce myself...I've been reading here on CS for a while, decided to finally register and start posting. I'm also kinda new to the cigar world to start with, I've had a Punch Gran Puro that I thought was outstanding, and a few Arturo Fuente Curly Head Deluxe's, which I could learn to like as I develop my palette more. I've had problems with draw though, and thought I'd seek advice here. I'm not sure if I'm just getting a tight-drawing stick to start with, or if I'm not drawing properly, but I can't get much smoke at all, and it takes me a lot more time to enjoy a cigar than I have. Any suggestions on proper draw technique?
    Welcome to CSmokers!. The Gran Puro is an outstanding cigar. You have made a wise choice on that one. My personal favorite is the Punch Champion, you'll defintiely have to check that one out. The curly head is a low-end Fuente, mixed-filler I believe. Your better off going with the LVH Fumas or with connies(Consuegras)

Glad to have you here.

Welcome to CigarSmokers!!! Enjoy your stay!!!

Welcome aboard.

Raisins: + 12 1/2
    Termites: 5.56

Welcome to the board!

I have had draw problems often with curlys before too...I don't think it's technique.

WELCOME!

I agree with previous post by SFG75, the Punch Gran Puro is one of my favorites.

As for the question about the draw . . . I don't think a dry cigar would cause a tight draw. Rather a cigar that is too moist would tighten the draw due to the tobacco swelling. I have noticed that when my humi is at lower humidity (65% - 70%) the draw on the cigars is better than when I have noticed at 70%+.

Again, welcome to the board and read the posts . . . you will learn alot, I have.
    Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry. - - Mark Twain

Blog Entries

WELCOME!!!

Sorry I missed your intro thread a long time ago. Dfrea doesn't post much but when he does, he shows demonstrates a great deal of insight, intellignece and wisdom!! Like this post today for example:

You forgot to mention SFG - The true leghumping Scroto! Now THERE's a POS.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Thread Information