Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Butane Lighter: Refilling it?

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Seagar
    Hows the fire bird working out for you so far? I currently hate my and am looking for something new, just wondering if your is holding up?
    Hey Seagar....well, I've only had mine for a few weeks and it's been working out just fine for me (no complaints).

You're welcome to take a look at a thread I posted a few weeks back about butane lighter recommendations. The other users on here gave me some feedback:

http://www.cigarsmokers.com/t1947-ne...e-lighter.html

Good luck!

firebird is the cheapest light I own. it's also the best.

bigpoppapuff Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Seagar
    Hows the fire bird working out for you so far? I currently hate my and am looking for something new, just wondering if your is holding up?

i'm guessing it needs to be bled.....also,make sure it's clean....if this fails...then hate it...

Iv taken excellant care of this thing. I bleed it all the time, put the best fuel in it, still it refuses to light on any setting but the highest, even on the highest setting it doesnt always light, then when it does light the flame goes from 1inch to like 3 inches on and off like a messed up flame thrower.

5. Default

I have a NIBO VIP lighter, butane flame.

I need to refill it.

But for the life of me, I can't figure out how.

The little book that came with the lighter shows the refilling valve. On the bottom of my lighter there are multiple screws, but the one I believe is the filling valve - I cannot get the cover off of.

Anyone with this style lighter able to help? This is a serious pain. The instructions are horrible and I'm at a loss on what to do.

Alright, figured I'd post this here. I have been using a cheap butane lighter lately to light my smokes, worked fine. Then, the last two or three cigars I've had, I thought I could actually taste it, (I know what your thinking CC) But the lighter was almost out of fuel, so perhaps it was blowing some of the air/butane smell onto the cigar? Who knows, I'm going back to matches and sticking with them, even if it does take me 3-7 matches to light a cigar.

7. Default

Thought I'd let y'all know something.

Found out the reason I couldn't get my lighter refilled is because it was damaged at the factory. If you are looking to buy a VIP style lighter from Nibo, CHECK THE REFILLING SCREW first and foremost! Some were stripped at the factory and will be unusable.

Thread Information