Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wtf

1. Default Wtf

Where did TheyCallMeManix come off posting racist remarks on this board? This is no place for such remarks.

I am publically calling for hex to ban him. If he is not banned I am leaving the board. I will not be a part of a board that condones such filth.

If anyone else feels the way I do post and let your feelings be known.

I am with you Sarge 100%.

TheyCallmeManix is done here.

`
    `

Disclaimer: All views made on The Hugh Jorgan Show ® are the opinion of Hugh Jorgan Productions, Inc. ® and do not reflect the views of our sponsors.

I agree with you both.

Blog Entries

I have locked the thread in question and posted this thread in our Rules and Regulations forum
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

5. Default

So what is the fate of Manix?

There are so incredibly, unequivocally many reasons why manix' "hate" posts are pure, condescending, cynical bullshit. This kind of rhetoric is so poorly thought out, backed with circular logic, and transparent, that the only thing it really proves is that he is exactly what he claims he hates: stupid. manix your days have been numbered here anyway; you're a liar and a cheat and you fucking know it. What a POS.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge
    So what is the fate of Manix?

I have made the decision to ban members for making racist/bigot comments from this point on. I agree that the remarks in question do not belong here but I can not in good conscience ban a member retroactively.
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by hex1848
    I have made the decision to ban members for making racist/bigot comments from this point on. I agree that the remarks in question do not belong here but I can not in good conscience ban a member retroactively.
    PM sent.

`
    `

Disclaimer: All views made on The Hugh Jorgan Show ® are the opinion of Hugh Jorgan Productions, Inc. ® and do not reflect the views of our sponsors.

9. Default

PM sent

Blog Entries

I’m going back and forth on this one in my head. I have chosen to make this basically a member moderated community. Yes we have one Super Moderator here, my reasoning for keeping him around is that if for some reason I cant be around for a while I can get in touch with someone I trust to at least monitor things in my absence.

While I don’t agree with banning anyone retroactively I did chose to make this a member moderated community. The membership, thus far, wants action taken against another member for comments made before a policy is in place.

Ahh the joys of forum Administration.

Was what he did wrong? Well yeah, no shit. But everyone has the right to there own opinion. While this may not the the place to discuss such thing (and is not the place to discuss it) he should still be entitled to his opinion. I have grown to the sence over the years that some of the people who are the biggest opposers of racism are the biggest racists. Kinda a "I'll stand up for whats right to make me look good, but I'm not going to shop at that convience store owned by indians even though its closer and less out of the way than the other one." type thing. I'm not calling anyone racist- but I think that everyone is a little racist at some point in time. How many people here would have gladly sat next to a guy wearing a turban and had a big beared in the weeks following 9/11? Most people do it on a subconcious level, most are discrete about it, dont let it show and go on living there lives like the other six billion people. Some share these opinions while in company of close friends, some make blanket comments while behind the protection of the internet. I dont think he should be banned for what he said, he did not direct the statment at anyone in person here, and he did go back and clear up what he said to something that did sound a little better - dont know if it was because he was feeling pressure from other members or if thats what he accually ment to say.

It is ignorant and has no place in any forum. He does not have to address any particular person as his blanket statement to start is enough. I agree with sarge. Any lack of response from us is acceptance. And I guess I don't want to be a part of this either. E-mail me if you want when he is gone other wise enjoy the company of those with whom you choose to spend your time.
    Remember to breathe

Blog Entries

Anyone have anything to say about why I should not ban him?

Well, right to an opinion is true, no doubt, but this is a privately owned and operated forum, and thus, Hex can do what hex feels necessary (including the exclusion of certain opinions, say racist ones). We do not want racists here, that is for sure.
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

I was gonna attempt to Hex, but after re-reading the thread in question I can't. Leading a post off with "I Hate black people" and expecting the phrase not to be taken in a racist light is asinine. The rest of that post is equally appaling. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but that is taking things a bit too far. Maybe he meant no harm, but jeez... I'm not even sure what to say about that.
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't.

I've got a LOT to say on this subject... But I'll keep my remarks short and sweet...

Hex - Manix needs to be banned. There are lines that MUST be drawn, else the FRAGILE fabric of this community will be torn. Self-moderation is okay for guys like SFG75 - EXCEPT if he crosses that line....

Comments like Manix's should be treated the MOST harshly. You can have those views - I can try to change your mind, but it appears you're pretty closeminded about it. Well - you post those views on some skinhead/nazi site if you wish - I'm sure they'll appreciate your views - but you DAMN SURE BETTER NOT post that crap here. This board is not designed for those comments, nor should there be any tolerance or support for it. In essence, Manix claims he didn't know what he was writing - well, he damn well better know it was wrong...

SilentChamber - I don't know what your deal is either. You seem to like to involve yourself in controversial threads. You were recently the center of controversy - and you seemed to dislike the attention, yet you focus others on yourself again with your post. Say what you will, you CAN'T justify in any way what Manix said on this board. If you share his views of 1st amendment rights - join him in exile and you two guys can post to your hearts content the BS you wrote above on another site that may tolerate it.

Hex - I join CigarSarge and Hugh Jorgan in STRONGLY calling for the banning of Manix. I know what they essentially wrote in PM to you, and I repeat the exact same sentiments.

I also believe a stern warning needs to be sent to Silent Chamber as well. At this point I don't believe he should be banned, but in my book he's on some very thin ice.
    Last edited by ggiese; 09-22-2005 at 10:44 PM.

I'm not a veteran of the board so take my comments with that in mind.

I was pretty shocked by the inappropriate comments Manix made and it even angered me somewhat. Views like that should be kept to yourself or in a private conversation, if shared at all.

However, since he didn't break a specific board rule at the time other than being extemely insensitive, I'd recommend banning him for a period of time and then allowing him to return if he agrees to play by the rules and offers an apology. Just a thought.

18. Default

What was he thinking? And Seagar "I know what you mean". And The Silent Chamber "What did he do wrong?" Dude, if you don't know, I sure as hell don't have the time or the inclination to clue you in.

My feeling is that these three are young (>25), not particularly well educated, either academically or in "the university of life", and they have a lot of growing up to do before they're ready to eat at the grown-ups' table.

I kind of agree with Hex' first thought. It's not fair to ban someone for breaking a rule that wasn't explicitly in place, no matter how obvious it might be. On the other hand, why not just ban the scumbags? It's not like many people are going to welcome their comments in future. Probably the opposite.
    Supreme Leader Voltron
    bending over and reaching for the Crisco

How the fuck do you get off saying I need a "sterm warning"? I didnt even say anything to offend anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilentChamber
    How the fuck do you get off saying I need a "sterm warning"? I didnt even say anything to offend anyone.

Hmmm...does this sound familiar Silent Chamber?

And comes the day I meet someone with as much hate as I have, I want to shake your hand manix.

`
    `

Thread Information