Thread: How Low Can He Go?

Default How Low Can He Go?

What a sad sad day for Rafy Palmeiro, it was Tejada's fault. Wow, what an ass. I used to respect Rafy, not as much as Mark Grace (who had the most hits in the decade of the 90's, Rafy was second, and both were drafted by the Cubs), but wow have I lost all respect for that scum bag. His Zeppelin is burning fast and he's trying to bring others down with him. At least Conseco was retired when he started doing that, but good Lord, Rafy is still technically on the team with Miggy. That's disgusting, I bet no one would want to play with him now.
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Saw this on the news this morning... what a sad bastard! Can't even suck it up and be a man about it, but has to start pointing fingers and blaming anyone but himself.
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't.

3. Default

I'm still placing a lot of blame on Major League Baseball for this nonsense (and the media isn't far after).

From what I heard on CNN, Rafy told the arbitration committee that Tejada gave him something he said was B-12, which may not have been B-12. If we were dealing with grown-ups here, that should quietly lead to questioning Miguel Tejada. Instead, MLB felt the need to make this information public. That's a little childish to me.

I honestly don't know if Rafy ever knowingly took any steroids. No one does but him.

Despite what Wheaties would have you think, most athletes take whatever the trainers give them. My football coach hands out glucose tablets at halftime. It't not uncommon to see a player popping them into their mouth like candy and asking, "hey, coach, what is this?" Barry Bonds doesn't take Ointment X back to his secret underground lair to test that it really is flax seed oil.

As much as it sounds like Rafy is trying to blame everyone but himself, it also sounds like he's trying to figure out what the hell is going on. If I tested positive for drugs, I'd start figuring every mystery substance I've touched in the last 6 months, too. And, yeah, if I said, "Bob gave me something he said was ibuprophen, but it may have been steroids", I'd look like an ass, too.

http://www.naturalhealthsupply.com/p...tamin-B12.html

^^^Perfectly good source of B12, no needles involved. What's so hard about that?
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't.

toledo,ohio 1440 royalton toledo oh 43612

Quote Originally Posted by BigMacFU
    What a sad sad day for Rafy Palmeiro, it was Tejada's fault. Wow, what an ass. I used to respect Rafy, not as much as Mark Grace (who had the most hits in the decade of the 90's, Rafy was second, and both were drafted by the Cubs), but wow have I lost all respect for that scum bag. His Zeppelin is burning fast and he's trying to bring others down with him. At least Conseco was retired when he started doing that, but good Lord, Rafy is still technically on the team with Miggy. That's disgusting, I bet no one would want to play with him now.
    Not a big Mark Grace fan,but he played the right way and carried himself with diginity and respect ,unlike a lot of players
    I drink a great deal.I sleep a little,and i smoke cigar after cigar.That is why i am in two-hundred percent form
    -Winston Churchill

Superchuck, I think you missed the full story: Miggy has been tested 3 times this year and is clean. His b-12 was tested before any of Rafy's comments went public (hence Miggy wouldn't have time to cheat), so Rafy is just a bastard trying to point fingers elsewhere. Furthermore, Miggy has been one of the biggest advocates in getting MLB to make sure steroid policies get full translation to spanish and explanation in spanish during training camps in the spring.

As for athletes not knowing what they're putting in their mouths, maybe at the high school level, but you when you make millions of dollars a year due to your body and not your brain, you know damn well what goes in and out of your body. Especially because the most famous baseball players get death threats and hate mail every day, there are plenty of bastards out there who would pay to have these guys hurt or off'ed completely. When we consider Barry Bonds, he acknowledges he doesn't like white people in general, he's the reverse of Manix, and yet his Balco boy is white. You think he doesn't know what he's taking from a white boy, no way in hell. Especially if you combine the fact that Barry gets hate mail and death threats from white racists all the time (he's talked about that plenty in interviews). Sorry, i just don't buy that guys getting paid millions a year for what their body does, and guys who actually have education and are smart, like the Bond's and Palmeiro's, don't know what's going into their bodies. I'd buy it if a teammate told a latin player whose brand new and can't speak a lick of english and can't afford a translator, "take these, they help with the pain after a game..." But, even then, over a prolonged period of time, the kid would realize there is something in that pill that's working its magic, and then wonder, especially when testing time came around, am I going to get caught.

That's my two cents, Raffy will forever be an Ass and Barry deserves to have his home run total frozen at 500. He would have hit 500 had he kept up his typical 30-HR a year pace with the occasional 40-HR year in there. Never would have gotten much higher though, that's for sure.
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by BigMacFU
    when you make millions of dollars a year due to your body and not your brain, you know damn well what goes in and out of your body.
    Don't you kind of make your own point? They get paid for using their bodies, not their brains.

If I have something bugging me, I go to my doctor. My doctor gives me something to make it all better and I go about my business.

If what I do for a living is swing a bat and it hurts to swing a bat, I go to one of the doctors and trainers I have at my disposal. If one of them gives me something that lets me swing a bat, I sure as hell don't second guess it.

Super, you ignored the facts I put in the argument, if you want to dance around facts, that's terrific, but if you want to face reality, let me know, we'll have an actual debate then.

Thread Information