Thread: On the Course

Copenhagen, Denmark (originally from Bonnie Scotland)

Default On the Course

With a recent new addition to the family and a non-smoking preference around the house anyway, I smoke most of my cigars on the golf course. It helps me concentrate and recently, I've found Sublimes are good for 9 holes or so.

Anyone else out there enjoy a smoke on the golf course, and if so what do you prefer?

Better still, anyone out there found a game improvement cigar!!?? Now that would sell well.....

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter
    Better still, anyone out there found a game improvement cigar!!?? Now that would sell well.....

Ya, I think it's called a Philly Blunt, but you take out the "philly" and replace it with something else
    "smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

Copenhagen, Denmark (originally from Bonnie Scotland)

Ah, but that doesn't improve your game, it just means you don't care so much about the score!

4. Default

I have been enjoying Romeo Y Julieta Cedros De Luxe #2 on the course here lately. I find them to be the perfect size for a 4-Hole span.
    "I Smoke in Moderation.... Just One Cigar at a Time." Mark Twain

5. Default golf

I love smoking cigars on the golf course. It's almost required with the group of guys that I play with.

These guys are big time moochers, so I always bring a couple dog rockets for them.

Dog rockets are always great to hand out on the golf course, or anytime moochers want a cigars from you. I always keep a couple dozen dog rockets at hand in the humi. They think they are getting an awesome cigar...but it really only cost a buck or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonsey5484
    Dog rockets are always great to hand out on the golf course, or anytime moochers want a cigars from you. I always keep a couple dozen dog rockets at hand in the humi. They think they are getting an awesome cigar...but it really only cost a buck or two.
    Thanks for the Churchill Deluxe!
    I thought it was a tampon joke!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonsey5484
    Use bandless bundle cigars... and tell everyone that they are Cohete de la Perro's... sounds nice and sophisticated, but is spanish for "rocket of the dog"
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't.

i normally smoke edge maduros when i play. good smoke and i don't feel bad throwing it in the grass while i hit

The ball or the cigar?

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilentChamber
    The ball or the cigar?
    the ball when i'm lucky

I usually go lighter on the cigar when I play, The last couple of times I have smoked an AVO #3, which is a cigar I don't usually smoke because I like them stronger. It worked real well.

I have also smoke the Gurkha Dos Capas long ass cigar. That actually lasted 12 holes so that was a plus.

Also check out c-bid, they have been auctioning the mark-mender divot fixer/cigar holder for pretty cheap. I picked one up in late June and the thing really works great on both fronts.

You really don't want to be putting a cigar on the grass and then back in your mouth at a golf course. The chemicals used on the grass are not healthy. My late uncle was a member of a golf course in Mount Kisco NY and a lot of older guys started getting tounge and mouth cancer and most didn't smoke but the guys there had a tradition of licking the golf ball (weird, I know).

And don't think the natural course is any better, there you will just get cow and fish shit on your cigar.

13. Default

fish shit? cow shit?
    What zoo/farm do you play on?

licking balls?
    I've heard of girls licking balls and getting cold sores, but never mouth cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by TN_CIGAR_MAN
    fish shit? cow shit?
    What zoo/farm do you play on?

licking balls?
    I've heard of girls licking balls and getting cold sores, but never mouth cancer.

A country club in Greenland new hampshire is a "all natural" club that doesn't use any chemicals on their grass, they use liquified cow manure and fish emulsion. I have only played there a couple of times, but if you get out early, around 6:30 or so you can smell it. Not pleasant but "green".

Yeah, I had never heard of licking the golf ball either, Not sure why someone would ever do that.

Thread Information