Thread: Best place to buy Xikar Xi3 cutter

1. Default Best place to buy Xikar Xi3 cutter

Where would be the best place I should buy my Xikar Xi3 Rosewood cutter? I'm concerned with the best price and good reputation also. Thankyou!

I bought mine off Ebay. http://stores.ebay.com/vintagechiccigarLLC
    The guy was nice and provided quick shipping. Good prices. Consider buying from him if you have an Ebay account.

http://www.caminoviejo.com/store/category/xikar-xi3.htm

I don't trust E-Bay.

Or you could just try to find a sampler that includes a cutter. Odds are that you won't find the Rosewood cutter in with the samplers though.

Quote Originally Posted by cls515
    I bought mine off Ebay. http://stores.ebay.com/vintagechiccigarLLC
    The guy was nice and provided quick shipping. Good prices. Consider buying from him if you have an Ebay account.
    Wow, he has quite a selection!

Quote Originally Posted by QuiteC
    I don't trust E-Bay.
    I don't trust the average Joe off ebay. But, I do trust the ebay stores.

Paul has currently 803 transactions on Ebay, and they have all received positive feedback. A lot of fraud happens on Ebay, but I think you are ok with this guy. I bought a case and cutter for him and he hooked me up. I received polite emails from him and the shipping was fast. I think you will be ok if you buy from him. Plus, the prices are probably the cheapest you will find.

About the eBay thing, i trust eBay people a good bit. The most fraudulent thing to watch for is when people try'n sell you an item cheap, but charge like $40 extra for shipping to try'n give them a few extra bucks, but the good thing is that with eBay, (and paypal) if you get something that isn't what it was supposed to be, then you can file a complaint w/ eBay, and they can get your money refunded, and they'll charge the fraud. eBay has an advantage witht the whole legally-binding contract thing they've got going.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by MadurosRock
    About the eBay thing, i trust eBay people a good bit.
    I shop almost exclusively on eBay; most of the time I get the best price and fastest delivery (most sellers ship same-day and use USPS)

but the good thing is that with eBay, (and paypal) if you get something that isn't what it was supposed to be, then you can file a complaint w/ eBay, and they can get your money refunded, and they'll charge the fraud.
    Um, easier said than done. The few disputes I've had weren't settled terribly well.

However, I can only think of 2 times I really got screwed. And that's out of a LOT of transactions!

If you're looking for something specific like a Xikar, you're good.
    If you're looking for something more generic like a torch lighter, you may get something less than what you were hoping for (but you paid less than you'd expect)

I had an issue with ebay once. I never recieved the item. I don't know if the lady never sent it or it just got lost in the mail like she claimed. I filed my complaint with paypal and my money was refunded quickly by the seller. I have bought many things from ebay and this was the only time that I had a problem.

Granted, the world's not perfect, but eBay does a fantastic job, considering. They may not get all the the disputes settled, but personally, i was screwed by a guy once, and actually got the guy in serious trouble in with his local law enforcement (he tried to gypp some other folks at the same time too) but i got all my money back (actually twice, b/c he refunded me, and so did eBay), so i'm rather happy with the security of eBay.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by QuietC
    http://www.caminoviejo.com/store/category/xikar-xi3.htm

I don't trust E-Bay.

Or you could just try to find a sampler that includes a cutter. Odds are that you won't find the Rosewood cutter in with the samplers though.
    Thanks for the plug QC.

If any of you want to buy a Xikar product through Camino Viejo, I'll give you guys a 10% discount. PM me for details.
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

Blog Entries

As a retailer the thing that ticks me off about the ebay sellers is that most manufacturers ask retailers to keep prices within a certain threshold. They don’t like bottom of the barrel Internet pricing because it hurts the little guys (especially your neighborhood cigar shop). The ebay sellers apparently don’t like to follow the rules that the Xikar sets.

Would I like to price my products lower? Obviously yes. But I’m not going to risk a good relationship with my suppliers to do so.
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

I got mine at the local Indian Rez.$39 and no tax!!!!!
    "If it Bleeds We can Kill it"

Quote Originally Posted by hex1848
    As a retailer the thing that ticks me off about the ebay sellers is that most manufacturers ask retailers to keep prices within a certain threshold. They don’t like bottom of the barrel Internet pricing because it hurts the little guys (especially your neighborhood cigar shop). The ebay sellers apparently don’t like to follow the rules that the Xikar sets.

Would I like to price my products lower? Obviously yes. But I’m not going to risk a good relationship with my suppliers to do so.
    The problem with a lot of ebay sellers, is they are not direct distributors, so the regular rules that Xikar has really don't apply to them. Ebay is like the online black market. Most items are most likely stolen. Some guy works at a cigar distributor and on his last day leaves with a whole box of Xikar cutters. He can sell them on ebay fairly easy at rock bottom pricing because he has nothing to loose. They were free! This is not the case with all of the people on ebay, but, if you see an Xikar cutter for $20, you know there is a good chance it is stolen becuase no one who bought that would be able to sell it at that kind of price.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonsey5484
    The problem with a lot of ebay sellers, is they are not direct distributors, so the regular rules that Xikar has really don't apply to them. Ebay is like the online black market. Most items are most likely stolen. Some guy works at a cigar distributor and on his last day leaves with a whole box of Xikar cutters. He can sell them on ebay fairly easy at rock bottom pricing because he has nothing to loose. They were free! This is not the case with all of the people on ebay, but, if you see an Xikar cutter for $20, you know there is a good chance it is stolen becuase no one who bought that would be able to sell it at that kind of price.

That's why I only buy from well-established sellers with a long history on e-bay, hundreds if not thousands of customers, and a 99.5% or higher satisfaction rate. That way I'm pretty damn sure I'm not buying stuff that was stolen or hijacked.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

I buy from ebay stores as well, but, you will not find the low prices like you will with average Joe who stole something and is reselling it on the net.

Thread Information