Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ball and Chain Pass Offical Thread

Blog Entries

Yep, the pass got in this afternooon (It was on my desk when I got back from lunch). I havent had a chance to look at the contents in detail, yet but its on the list of things to do tommorrow.

Blah.. stupid internet's been out all night, and I didnt get a chance to respond back before I left work.
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese
    Hex is dressed up as Spiderman right now, out trick-or-treating... He's gonna play with the cigars after he sorts out his candy....

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hex is dressed up as Spiderman right now, out trick-or-treating... He's gonna play with the cigars after he sorts out his candy....

Sorry, Hex... Couldn't resist...

Actually, I would have thought Benjamin would be dressed up as a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle, out there making his annual candy haul... But instead, he's posting questions about our thoughts on Phillies and Dutches...

Sorry for the threadjack - carry on...

Blog Entries

That tupperware box was the pass? I didnt have any candy at the house and had to give the kids something.. shit shit shit..

some little witch is running around with an Opus X this morning...
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

LOL, Hex, you are one funny board operator, I tell you what...
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by hex1848
    That tupperware box was the pass? I didnt have any candy at the house and had to give the kids something.. shit shit shit..

some little witch is running around with an Opus X this morning...
    LMAO...

Enough of your stalling bub, I'm anxious to see what you pick!

*crosses his fingers and hopes you don't get what he's after*

Blog Entries

Ok, because the prices of the Opus X and Partagas 1926 vary so much from place to place, I want to post my puts/takes for review:

Takes:

A. Fuente Hemingway Signature Natural
    Opus X Power Ranger (going to be my first Opus X)
    Padron 1926 #2 (going to be my first Padron 1926)

Puts:

Carlos Torano Signature Collection Torpedo
    Carlos Torano Reserva Selecta Torpedo Maduro
    Carlos Torano Tribute 2004 Torpedo
    Carlos Torano Exodus 1959 Torpedo
    Reo (By Rocky Patel) Torpedo

(I know, I know, I'm always the Torano guy.. but they are damned good smokes)

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by hex1848
    Ok, because the prices of the Opus X and Partagas 1926 (typo hex?) vary so much from place to place, I want to post my puts/takes for review:

Takes:

A. Fuente Hemingway Signature Natural
    Opus X Power Ranger (going to be my first Opus X)
    Padron 1926 #2 (going to be my first Padron 1926)
    ---

For the Opus X...did you mean the Super Belicoso?
    Did you mean Padron 1926 #6?

Either I must be tired, but I see neither of those in BigMacFU's original post (see first post).

---

If you want MSRP listings for the Opus and Padron...good resources:

Padron - CLICK ME

Opus - CLICK ME

---
    Last edited by godfather; 11-01-2005 at 07:48 PM.

Blog Entries

The Padron 1926 #2 is actually on the sheet with the box but not in the first post. The pass had 23 cigars when I got it, not 22. This I think was the missing cigar.

The Opus X Super Belicoso is crossed out on the sheet and replaced with Power Ranger. (Its a shorter cigar then the Super Belicoso)

10. Default Umm...

Is anyone going to comment on hex's puts so I can get these before Christmas please?

Blog Entries

The box is pretty much ready to go ;-)

I just have to fill out the pass sheet and print a label....

If no one says anything negative by tonight, its going out...

12. Default

Well since no one has said anything, I guess I will...

Personally I think your puts and takes are not equal hex.

You TOOK cigars out that are both more rare and expensive than what you PUT back into the pass. I'd say it's mainly the Padron and Opus in question.

From my understanding of the rules, for everything you take out of the pass you must put something back that is of equal value.

My Reasoning Came From - CLICK ME

Just my friendly two cents.
    Last edited by godfather; 11-02-2005 at 11:43 AM.

Sometimes silence is telling. If no one posts "good job", or "nice puts/takes", etc. I would probably want to PM the pass host...

Sean - what are your thoughts?

14. Default

Good point ggiese. Mr. BigMacFU, you have the floor sir!

15. Default

Sometimes silence is telling. If no one posts "good job", or "nice puts/takes", etc. I would probably want to PM the pass host...

Sean - what are your thoughts?

I agree with George...

Sorry guys, I've just been really busy. I'm gonna have to say that the Torano's are great cigars, but the MSRP's on them do not stand up to the Opus X or the Padron. By all means you can take these, but quantity does not replace quality. The Torano's are certainly par for the course lined up with the Hemingway, no doubt about that though. I have no clue about the REO though since it's new, that very well could be in line with the Padron or Opus.

Those are my thoughts.

Before ending though, thank you for doing some leg work on finding out about a non-listed cigar and what it was, I really appreciate it Hex; that's the only thing I worry about is the list not lining up with the post.

BTW, first post edited to include Paddy 1926 #2 and power ranger edit.
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Blog Entries

Hence why I asked in the first place..

According to the link Godfather posted above:

Opus xXx ("Power Ranger") $8.75
    Hemingway $13.00 (not sure about the size in the pass, got to measure it, so i just picked the most expensive Hemingway)
    Padron 1926 No.2 $15.99

TAKE MSRP: $37.74

Torano Tribute 2004 Torpedo $12.00
    Torano Signature Collection $6.28
    Torano Exodus 1959 Torpedo $5.20
    Torano Reserva Selecta Torpedo Maduro: $7.82
    Reo Torpedo: $5 (not quite sure about this one so I did a search and found this place: (http://www.bonitasmokeshop.com/reo_cigars.htm)

PUT MSRP: $36.30

Ok so your right, I'm off by a $1.44... I eye balled it last night and didn’t sit down and to the exact math. I'll fix things when I get home tonight.

(I wrote this post before Big Mac replied)
    Last edited by hex1848; 11-02-2005 at 02:00 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by godfather

My Reasoning Came From - CLICK ME

Just my friendly two cents.
    Thats actually a really good read. I honestly got caught up in the moment of having an Opus and Padron 1926 sitting in front of me and forgot the quantity <> quality part of a pass.

Hex and I straightened everything out, we're in good shape. So, Hex, just post the final draft of the puts/takes and I'll update the front page and Godfather will be getting ready for some gars by Saturday or Monday.

20. Default

Awesome! Looking forward to getting the package....

Thread Information