Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Review These!!

I'll take a shot at this PM me for my address.

Few questions:

Is there a price limit or price that we're tring to spend per stick

Where are the reviews being posted

Who wants to try my 2 pieces of Sh*t err I mean sticks
    Last edited by Quint; 10-17-2006 at 09:00 AM.
    A girl phoned me the other day and said ... Come on over, there's nobody home. I went over. Nobody was home.
    -- Rodney Dangerfield

Quote Originally Posted by Quint View Post

Few questions:

Check the first post!

(Read more, Post less is a common piece of advice in these here parts)
    I thought it was a tampon joke!

I would also send the person with the Cigars for Review a PM not tell him to send you one. What if he doesn't check this post for a bit?
    Seatbelts save lives, my best friend and I are alive because of them.

Nobody is ever gone as long as there is someone to remember them.

Quote Originally Posted by stjohnroe View Post
    Check the first post!

(Read more, Post less is a common piece of advice in these here parts)
    Okay thanks, but I figured with over 240 posts and time enough to experience the game there might have been some changes to the rules (which is very typical in games like this) and I didnt feel like browsing through 240 some odd posts. Just me being lazy
    A girl phoned me the other day and said ... Come on over, there's nobody home. I went over. Nobody was home.
    -- Rodney Dangerfield

Few questions:

Just PM me your address and I'll get these out Thursday. Reviews go here linky. We usually wait until we receive the cigars before offering up the next pair for review. It makes it easier for us slow folks to keep up with.

Quote Originally Posted by WOXOF View Post
    Just PM me your address and I'll get these out Thursday. Reviews go here linky. We usually wait until we receive the cigars before offering up the next pair for review. It makes it easier for us slow folks to keep up with.
    Without sounding like an old fart - and I know that this isn't in the rules, but I'd just express some caution on Quint doing the review sticks - he's a new guywith 4 posts (1/2 in this thread) and we shouldn't exclude him for that purpose but:

Okay thanks, but I figured with over 240 posts and time enough to experience the game there might have been some changes to the rules (which is very typical in games like this) and I didnt feel like browsing through 240 some odd posts. Just me being lazy
    passes have rules, games have rules, and you should respect the game enough to read it if we're expected to trust you with our sticks. Usually, games or passes have post minimums - or folks sticking up for them - but most folks (myself included), did some trades, group-buys, etc. and general commentary before jumping in. Not to say you shouldn't, but keep in mind that what you post, what you do (and some cases, what you don't do) are part of your online integrity. If mine is a concerned stick-up-my-arse, I can live with that. But many a noob has burned in internet hell for taking us for tricks.

Just my 0.02
    Look at that... I plumb got myself 5 raisins and 7 termites.

Shearstown, Newfoundland (A suburb of Bay Roberts)

Quote Originally Posted by mauied1101 View Post
    Without sounding like an old fart - and I know that this isn't in the rules, but I'd just express some caution on Quint doing the review sticks - he's a new guywith 4 posts (1/2 in this thread) and we shouldn't exclude him for that purpose but:

passes have rules, games have rules, and you should respect the game enough to read it if we're expected to trust you with our sticks. Usually, games or passes have post minimums - or folks sticking up for them - but most folks (myself included), did some trades, group-buys, etc. and general commentary before jumping in. Not to say you shouldn't, but keep in mind that what you post, what you do (and some cases, what you don't do) are part of your online integrity. If mine is a concerned stick-up-my-arse, I can live with that. But many a noob has burned in internet hell for taking us for tricks.

Just my 0.02
    I'll second what Mauied said.
    ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Hi. My name is Jim and I like to shave!

Quote Originally Posted by mauied1101 View Post

Just my 0.02

I respect your point of view and understand your concern. I'm not that desperate to rip somebody off for a whole $10 to $14 dollars worth of cigars. Ive been part of cigars swaps in the past some successful others not. Most recent was from a Yahoo group where the cigar package was up over 40 cigars 6 of which were mine that ended up missing and the person disappeared.

As far as reading all the post before participating in the game IMO is an unreasonable and nonsensical request. A year from now when there's 500 messages are you going to expect newbies to read everyone of those ? I've been a member of many forums over the years and have participated in my types of games/exchanges and know from experience that games evolve and rules change to improve the game. I was just tring to be respectful and ask a simple question so I could participate.

If its decided that I shouldn't be included in the game that's fine and I'll respect the desicion. I'll hang around for a while post and participate in what I can. If I find its a warm and welcoming forum and I learns things or can help somebody out I'll stay if not there's other places to have fun.
    -- Rodney Dangerfield

I respect your point of view and understand your concern. I'm not that desperate to rip somebody off for a whole $10 to $14 dollars worth of cigars. Ive been part of cigars swaps in the past some successful others not. Most recent was from a Yahoo group where the cigar package was up over 40 cigars 6 of which were mine that ended up missing and the person disappeared.

As far as reading all the post before participating in the game IMO is an unreasonable and nonsensical request. A year from now when there's 500 messages are you going to expect newbies to read everyone of those ? I've been a member of many forums over the years and have participated in my types of games/exchanges and know from experience that games evolve and rules change to improve the game. I was just tring to be respectful and ask a simple question so I could participate.

If its decided that I shouldn't be included in the game that's fine and I'll respect the desicion. I'll hang around for a while post and participate in what I can. If I find its a warm and welcoming forum and I learns things or can help somebody out I'll stay if not there's other places to have fun.
    Except that the rules are clearly outlined in the first post...
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

Quote Originally Posted by drew_goring View Post
    Except that the rules are clearly outlined in the first post...
    :werd:

Being a newb... I expected the first post would contain all the info needed and any updates/changes that have occured. I figured out what was going on by it with no problems. I want to get involved with this but not right off the bat... I'll work my way up to it.

This way it's just not all the FOGs offering their .02.
    Seatbelts save lives, my best friend and I are alive because of them.

Nobody is ever gone as long as there is someone to remember them.

I pm'd Chris (WOXOF) and told him if he was uncomfortable sending me out his 2 sticks I would understand and participate at a later date. I appologize for my ignorance on how this forum is run.
    -- Rodney Dangerfield

It's nice to see this pass gaining momentum again. I think we need some new interest in it.

But....

While there is no rule stating a post count minimum(yes I have read through the whole thing), I highly respect the opinions of Mauied, Newf, Drew, stjohnroe and a handfull of others on this board. Were you a little fast to jump in on a pass with only 4 posts, yes. Should we burn you at the stake for it, not yet at least.

I'm not too concerned that you will take the cigars and split, I'm more concerned about how it might affect the pass in the long term. Although not stated, this pass is generally for established members. Offering sticks up to every newb that comes along might not be a great idea.

Hang around and participate, soon you'll realize why the members reacted the way they did.

I still have some smokes for review.

WHO WANTS TO REVIEW THESE?

I will take them !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CgarDan View Post
    I will take them !!!!
    You're gonna regret it.

It's nice to see this pass gaining momentum again. I think we need some new interest in it.

But....

While there is no rule stating a post count minimum(yes I have read through the whole thing), I highly respect the opinions of Mauied, Newf, Drew, stjohnroe and a handfull of others on this board. Were you a little fast to jump in on a pass with only 4 posts, yes. Should we burn you at the stake for it, not yet at least.

I'm not too concerned that you will take the cigars and split, I'm more concerned about how it might affect the pass in the long term. Although not stated, this pass is generally for established members. Offering sticks up to every newb that comes along might not be a great idea.

Hang around and participate, soon you'll realize why the members reacted the way they did.
    No worries.......
    -- Rodney Dangerfield

You're gonna regret it.
    NEVER HIT ME WITH UR BEST SHOT

Well I took it easy on you this time.

DC 0103 8555 7498 2458 1041

Well I took it easy on you this time.

DC 0103 8555 7498 2458 1041
    Got em. Chris thanks a million for the awesome extras Reviews will be posted this weekend.

Haven't heard anything from John.
    I thought it was a tampon joke!

Thread Information