Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Review These!!

No probs, will send ASAP
    I thought it was a tampon joke!

Sent via Global Priority today...
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

Quote Originally Posted by slcraiders
    Sent via Global Priority today...
    damnit smoke mine already. I im very interested to see what you think...
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

I look forward to smoking and posting the reviews

Cigars arrived today looking hale and hearty.
    I will give my initial impressions and reviews on a date not far from this one.
    So after a quick dig in the Humi:

who wants to review these?

Shearstown, Newfoundland (A suburb of Bay Roberts)

Quote Originally Posted by stjohnroe
    Cigars arrived today looking hale and hearty....snip
    Five friggin' days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To get overseas?? Jeezuz, it takes at least 2 weeks to get the friggin things across the border. LMAO

Cigars arrived today looking hale and hearty.
    I will give my initial impressions and reviews on a date not far from this one.
    So after a quick dig in the Humi:

who wants to review these?
    This looks like some good fun. I'll review 'em.

Cool, pm me your address and I will get them out ASAP.

Cool, pm me your address and I will get them out ASAP.
    PM sent.

Package went out this lunchtime, LY292393329GB, can be tracked at http://www.royalmail.com

I'll be watching the post.

Package was waiting for me when I arrived home for lunch.

I will give these a couple of days to rest in one of the humis before giving a review of them.

Thanks stjohnroe, I will definitely enjoy!

Oops, almost forgot, WHO WANTS TO REVIEW THESE?
    Last edited by SmokinDVM; 05-22-2006 at 03:17 PM.

I am game send them on their way

Quote Originally Posted by Shocker
    You have 6 posts, have not introduced yourself, and nearly every post you have made has been an attempt to get free smokes? Something smells fishy........

NO, NO, NO...... not the way it works around here.....
    I'm not big on doing reviews, tobacco doesn't taste like "cocoa" or "nutty" or "mocha" to me, it tastes like freakin' TOBACCO. I know what I like and I really don't care what other people think of other cigars. I've never read a review and said to myself "Wow, that sounds like a cigar I'd like to try!"

Well so sorry for this being my first day on the forum and all can't really fool u guys there

Oh yeah if you find a cigar lover who will turn down free smokes -- that's when you know something is fishy

Well so sorry for this being my first day on the forum and all can't really fool u guys there

Oh yeah if you find a cigar lover who will turn down free smokes -- that's when you know something is fishy

We gave you the first one because you are new. The rest you have to pay for. When I find a "cigar lover" who is more concered with getting free sticks, more so than introducing himself and becoming a part of the community first, I generally find they are cigar mooches and not BOTLs. Something we don't care for around here.

Now, you have 2 ways to go here. Be a smartass and get burned down until you run off or get ban polled, or pick your pecker up and quit stepping on it and see if you make it around here. It really is your choice. At this point, no harm no foul, you determine your path from here on out.

I am a positivist and an optimist by nature so I will disregard your comments. After all most people I have met while attending different cigar events were very warm to accept anyone who shared their love for the leaf. I am sure that the people who originated and keep this forum going are also of the same mentality I hope you remmeber that at some point you were a newbie as well.

Anyway on the positive note: I want to make some contribution to this forum and I am starting a contest of my own with the winner getting what else ---- STOGIES

I am a positivist
    Ummm, I don't think you really want to categorize yourself as one of these. Honestly, the Positivist movement was born out of the school of Vienna and Betrand Russell was its greatest apologist. They essentially sought to eliminate the idea that there is anything metaphysical out there (be it universals, God, forms, logic, ethics, etc...). They believed in a correspondence theory of truth, which has all sorts of problems thanks to Gettier's famous piece in 1973 (not to mention Platinga's critique a few years earlier in his dissertation), they were also behaviourist's when it came to ethics. This basically means that our ethics are nothing more than an advanced instinctual response, or rather a highly ordered instinctual response.

The reason all this is bad is because to do all this and hold all these beliefs, Betrand, the dirty bird, needed metaphysics to back his theory that metaphysics was not needed. Thus, he argued in a circle, and obviously this is just bad logic. So, I do not think you ever want to be considered a positivist.

Now, as for someone with a positive mental attitude, that's a whole different thing...

P.S. You should heed Shag's advice, put yourself in the shoe's of people who have been here a long time and have earned their trust. You come in asking for someone to send cigars and we have no clue who you are. That's sketchy, it doesn't mean you're a mooch, it doesn't mean you're here to scam, but unfortunately, because there are people whose goal is such as that, we have to make sure we're careful with everyone who stops in and wants to get involved right off the bat and is a complete stranger.

P.S.S. The person who truly had a positive mental attitude wouldn't ignore comments, he'd make lemonade from lemon comments
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Thanks BigMac --- everything you said is dully noted. especially my vocabulary mis-use

Should be more carefull especially since I heard of the Positivist movement before

Thread Information