Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Review These - Reviews

Blog Entries

Default Review these from Feldspar

Cigar #1
    5 x 50 torpedo shaped robusto
    med brown wrapper with small veining, no soft spots were detected pre-light. Pre-light flavor was not overpowering and presented mainly tobacco flavors with maybe a little leather. The smoke cut and lit very easily with my guillotine and bic.

Flavor on this smoke remained the same the entire way, though the strength did pick up about the mid-point. Though I can't really describe the flavors too well yet, this is a familiar profile, somewhat dry and nutty. This stick softened up dramatically during smoking and by the 1/2 way point was almost spungy feeling.

All in all a good smoke, produced lots of smoke and never got bitter or unpleasant.

Cigar #2
    6 x 50 toro shape
    Med-brown wrapper, small veins with a firm feel and no soft spots detected. Pre-light flavor was sweet tobacco. Same cutter and lighter as #1 with the same results. The burn on this stick was uneven throughout and required a couple of touch ups. The ash was pretty flaky as well and needed to be ashed a few times before I wanted to. The flavor was pretty good, though it was pretty mild for my tastes.

About half-way through the burn became very uneven and some tunneling started. I killed it about 2/3 of the way through as it was just not an enjoyable experience at this point.

Thanks for the sticks Feldspar, I appreciate the opportunity. I will have to guess that cigar #1 is the more expensive of the two.

You got it!

#1 was a Rocky Patel Olde World Reserve corojo, which cost about twelve bucks.
    #2 was a Hoyo de Monterrey Governors, which cost $4.50.

Hope you enjoyed `em.
    "The only emperor is the emperor of ice-cream." -- Wallace Stevens

Finally got around to smoking these things! I lost track of the numbers, but one was incrediblly box pressed and was completely square, and the other was a regular box press.

Not too much to say about either of these, except that they were both great. Cant wait to find out which is which, because which ever one is the cheaper one i'd buy in a heartbeat!

Cigar 1 - Square Maduro Torpedo

Had this one out after a great meal and great live music. Cut perfectly, had two reasonably different fillers (one dark and one medium) and had a great pre/post light draw. To my suprise, the squareness of the cigar fit comfortably in my mouth despite the 'sharp' edges. No special undertones that I caught, just a nice strong cigar with relativly thick smoke. Smoked all the way through with no burn problems or wrapper malfunctions.

Cigar 2 - Boxed pressed maduro

Smoked this one last night with JFellows. Again, perfect cut and pre/post light draw. Had a very nice oily wrapper, and the edges around the cigar fit perfectly in my hand. Thick, blueish smoke; and a lot of it! Also had a nice slow burn, smoked it for nearly two hours. Great flavor throughout, if anything I'd say mocha, but again just had a great madruro tobacco taste.

I enjoyed the hell out of both of these, but I'm going to guess that Cigar 2 (the non torpedo) is the more expensive one. Thanks very much for the great cigars! Cant wait to find out what they are.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rtsquare.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	43.9 KB 
ID:	661   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rt1square.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	58.3 KB 
ID:	662   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rt2box.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	74.5 KB 
ID:	663  
    Last edited by Lukeman8; 08-24-2007 at 07:58 PM. Reason: Pictures

so howd i do?

Helloooo? (ello? ello? llo? lo? o?)

Blog Entries

Cigar #1 Oliva Serie G Maduro.....about $7
    Cigar #2 Sancho Panza Double Maduro.......about $3

These are my B/M prices, so both can be had less expensively by the box on-line. Some sizes of the SP can be had for as little as $35-$40 a box.

Both of these have regular places in my rotation. Glad you liked them both.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukeman8 View Post
    Finally got around to smoking these things! I lost track of the numbers, but one was incrediblly box pressed and was completely square, and the other was a regular box press.

Not too much to say about either of these, except that they were both great. Cant wait to find out which is which, because which ever one is the cheaper one i'd buy in a heartbeat!

Cigar 1 - Square Maduro Torpedo

Had this one out after a great meal and great live music. Cut perfectly, had two reasonably different fillers (one dark and one medium) and had a great pre/post light draw. To my suprise, the squareness of the cigar fit comfortably in my mouth despite the 'sharp' edges. No special undertones that I caught, just a nice strong cigar with relativly thick smoke. Smoked all the way through with no burn problems or wrapper malfunctions.

Cigar 2 - Boxed pressed maduro

Smoked this one last night with JFellows. Again, perfect cut and pre/post light draw. Had a very nice oily wrapper, and the edges around the cigar fit perfectly in my hand. Thick, blueish smoke; and a lot of it! Also had a nice slow burn, smoked it for nearly two hours. Great flavor throughout, if anything I'd say mocha, but again just had a great madruro tobacco taste.

I enjoyed the hell out of both of these, but I'm going to guess that Cigar 2 (the non torpedo) is the more expensive one. Thanks very much for the great cigars! Cant wait to find out what they are.

Awesome! Although I got it wrong. Thanks for the opportunity!

Finished the second cigar today, now time for the reveiw
    I'm not that good at describing the tastes of cigars compared to flavors but I'll try as best as I can.

Cigar #1- Torpedo

Smoked this with the man that gave it to me, Lukeman. A very good smoke, easy draw from begining to end. burn was good with a little run that fixed itself out. The taste had a light nuttiness, and smoked ceder. The ash was also decent, very sturdy, only ashed twice. Definately will buy this cigar again. Very smooth.

Cigar #2

This cigar had a wrapper issue that was the result of the band begin taken off, but didn't effect the smoking. Good cut, good light and good first draw. The draw was very easy and produced a lot of smoke, like cotton balls. Had a slight spiciness with a soft/mellow undertone. A good cigar overall.

Prediction: Cigar #1 was the more expensive of the two, definately a winner.

Good Call, 1 was a Bucanero Salsa - about 8 bucks. 2 was Vegas de fonseca, about 4.25

Finally done....This is my first review (be thoughtful to me).

I didn’t measure the smokes but they were about 5” long no clue of the ring gauges. The #2 cigar seemed mild. It was well made besides a little soft in the middle. I don’t know how to describe it, but it was good a smoke. The ash broke at 1 ½”.

#1 cigar was a bit thicker. Very well constructed. Was darker and was stronger than #2, I’d say medium strength. Very enjoyable. I wish I had something to drink with it (like red wine). I would definitely get another one. And the ash broke off at 2”

Overall I think that #2 is the more costly one.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
    and I'm not sure about the former." -
    Albert Einstein

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mithril View Post
    Finally done....This is my first review (be thoughtful to me).

I didn’t measure the smokes but they were about 5” long no clue of the ring gauges. The #2 cigar seemed mild. It was well made besides a little soft in the middle. I don’t know how to describe it, but it was good a smoke. The ash broke at 1 ½”.

#1 cigar was a bit thicker. Very well constructed. Was darker and was stronger than #2, I’d say medium strength. Very enjoyable. I wish I had something to drink with it (like red wine). I would definitely get another one. And the ash broke off at 2”

Overall I think that #2 is the more costly one.
    #1 CT signature robusto $6.50
    #2 SP dbl maduro $3.00

The SP strikes again!

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    #1 CT signature robusto $6.50
    #2 SP dbl maduro $3.00

The SP strikes again!
    what does SP stand for?

Wait... is it Sancho Panza?
    Albert Einstein

Blog Entries

what does SP stand for?

Wait... is it Sancho Panza?
    Yep.

i think i will get a box soon.

funny thing is i'v had a few of those before
    Albert Einstein

i think i will get a box soon.

funny thing is i'v had a few of those before
    That Sancho Panza is a great Stick...One of my favs. And just like others here at CS have said you cant beat the price for what you get.

Got my sticks from Durrani today...Review to fallow soon... Thanks again for all the trouble in getting them to me Durrani.

Default I smoked it!!!

Here is Stick # 1 of my review...I smoked it this weakend and my review is coming...Hang in there

Name:	tn.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	2.0 KB 
ID:	670  

Quote Originally Posted by Maduro Man View Post
    Here is Stick # 1 of my review...I smoked it this weakend and my review is coming...Hang in there

Ok Guys here is the review of stick #1. Let me start by saying, WHAT A GREAT AND ENJOYABLE SMOKE!!! From start to finish I really enjoyed this stick! This was a square pressed maduro. Before toasting it, I took this one in. It smelled sweet and fresh. I nubbed on this one for about10 mins before I lit it. It lit well and burned evenly from start to finish. I was amazed to see the ash was a dark gray. I find that usually with a cigar that burns this well the ash will be a bright white color. I was able to get some length from it before I tapped it for the first time. Every draw was a delight! This one started and finished mild. The flavor was full bodied but not overpowering. I smoked this one down to the point I was burning my fingers. The smoke that was produced from start to finish was thick and white. The bouquet this stick was giving off was also very enjoyable. My wife even made a comment about it and asked what I was smoking. My answer was, “I don’t know…But I LIKE IT A LOT.

Next stick will be reviewed in the days to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Maduro Man View Post
    Ok Guys here is the review of stick #1. Let me start by saying, WHAT A GREAT AND ENJOYABLE SMOKE!!! From start to finish I really enjoyed this stick! This was a square pressed maduro. Before toasting it, I took this one in. It smelled sweet and fresh. I nubbed on this one for about10 mins before I lit it. It lit well and burned evenly from start to finish. I was amazed to see the ash was a dark gray. I find that usually with a cigar that burns this well the ash will be a bright white color. I was able to get some length from it before I tapped it for the first time. Every draw was a delight! This one started and finished mild. The flavor was full bodied but not overpowering. I smoked this one down to the point I was burning my fingers. The smoke that was produced from start to finish was thick and white. The bouquet this stick was giving off was also very enjoyable. My wife even made a comment about it and asked what I was smoking. My answer was, “I don’t know…But I LIKE IT A LOT.

Next stick will be reviewed in the days to come.
    Do I smell...........yet another SP DM?

Or possibly an RP OWR...

Default Don't Tell Anyone

Hey there fellows, SHHH Dont tell anyone but Sancho Panza was going to be my first guess. That or a Santa Clara Havana Reserve...I'll give my input when I post stick #2s review.
    Last edited by Maduro Man; 09-21-2007 at 02:07 AM.

Talking Review of sticks from BDURRANI

Ok…Review # 2 of the sticks I got from BDurrani. Well I should start by saying, stick #2 was a let down after having #1. Stick #2 was very squishy to the touch and had a bitter smell to it. After lighting this the first few draws were nice and mild. It burned uneven through out the smoke; this aspect was forcing me to tap the ash a lot more then I wanted to. Half way through the taste turned to a bitter sour and progressively became more and more harsh. I can tell when I’m not going to like a stick when it makes me want to spit after every draw. I was a spitting fool with this one… I had a hard time keeping this one lit. If there is one good thing I can say about this stick, I would say I really enjoyed the bouquet she gave off but that’s about it.

My feelings are that #1 is the more expensive smoke. Its construction and taste were far more superior to that of #2. I’m even going to go out on a limb here and say that I think #1 is a Sancho Panza or Santa Clara Havana Reserve. # 2 tasted like a Mexican stick.

Lastley I wanted to thank BDurrani for giving me this opportunity. Also thanks for your time in getting these sticks out to me.

Name:	tn.jpg 
Views:	237 
Size:	3.4 KB 
ID:	673  

Thread Information