Thread: Riots in France

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    reaganyouth84 Guest

Default Riots in France

I was reluctant to call them "French Riots" because the French aren't the ones causing the riots. I was just wondering if anyone here was keeping up with what is going on over there.

-Mike

I myself am stunned France hasn't surrendered yet.

They generally surrender through acquiescence anyway.

reaganyouth84 Guest

I know the French aren't all that ballsy, but come on...they could've stopped this days ago.

-Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Shagaroo
    I myself am stunned France hasn't surrendered yet.

6. Default

I do realise that I hardly ever contribute to this forum. Indeed I love cigars but do not feel I have the expertise to contribute anything more or on top of very knowledgeable people of this site. As such I am quite content to learn from you people and keep my mouth shut. I consider it is better to do so than submit you to my points of view regarding something I know very little about.

This is why I do feel on this occasion I have to say something to the four cretins above. Who are you to criticise a country you most probably know nothing about apart from the stuff you see on TV?

“Not ballsy”, “generally surrender” I am sick to the back teeth with hearing such moronic comments day in day out from people who know absolutely bugger all about it.

How can you blame a people who had to face the wrath of the mightiest army in Europe at that time with the most incompetent government they’d ever had?. Yes mistakes were made. The biggest of all being putting their faith in an 85 ish head of state who was more or less senile and surrendered at the first opportunity. Does it mean the whole of France was behind him? Does it mean each and every Frenchman (and woman) was a coward? Does it mean they are all cowards now? Come on! Get a grip and stop this bloody nonsense!

Approximately 1,350,000 French people died during the FIRST world war*. Almost one million of them on the battle field.

Battle of Ypres (Oct.-Nov. 1914): 50,000 French Soldiers died fighting
    Battle of the frontiers (Aug 1914): 211,000 French soldiers died fighting
    Gallipoli (19 Feb. 1915-9 Jan. 1916): 27,000 all casualty types whilst fighting
    Battle of the Marne 1 (Sept 1914): 80,000 French soldiers died fighting.
    Battle of the Marne 2 ( July – Aug 1918) : 95,200 French Soldiers died or wounded fighting
    Passchendaele (or 3rd Ypres) (31 July-12 Nov. 1917): 112,000 Wounded (no data for the dead)
    Battle of the Somme (1 July-18 Nov. 1916) : just over 50,000 French soldiers died fighting
    Battle of Verdun: 162,308 French soldiers dead or missing fighting
    Battle of the Marne: 50,000 French soldiers died fighting
    Battle of Aisne: 182,000 French soldiers died fighting

*http://users.erols.com/mwhite28/warstat1.htm
    Sources and data do vary greatly. I have picked this one. You may wish to pick another and yes figures will differ. But only slightly. What no-one will question was the absolute butchery that was WW1.

You can call the French what you like, God knows they are far from being perfect. But you can't call them cowards.

One parting word: As we remember our dead on Friday, do bear these figures in mind.

Not for me. Not for you. For THEM.
    Last edited by Cohibanut; 11-09-2005 at 08:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cohibanut
    Come on! Get a grip and stop this bloody nonsense!
    Get a sense of humor jackass!

Nice....... deleted your second message.....

Thread Information