Thread: Are iPods worth it?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Are iPods worth it?

I'm thinking about asking the wife for one of these for christmas...
    Have you ever thought about maybe turning off the TV, sitting down with your kids...and hitting them?

In my opinion it just depends on how much she is going to use it, and how much space does she need.

Which iPod are you considering?

Quote Originally Posted by labmonkey
    In my opinion it just depends on how much she is going to use it, and how much space does she need.

Which iPod are you considering?
    Methinks you may have just skimmed my post

I might ask her for one for ME. And I really don't need that much space, just more than I have on the Wal-Mart special MP3 player I currently have.
    Have you ever thought about maybe turning off the TV, sitting down with your kids...and hitting them?

4. Default

If Apple could make dog poop out of white plastic, there would be a line to buy it.

This is what I use: LG VX-8100

I've used MP3 players for YEARS before they were considered popular. My first MP3 player connected to the parallel port because USB wasn't really quite an accepted standard yet. I bought an Apex DVD player because it could play MP3s.

I'm sick of lugging phones and PDAs and MP3 players all over, so I jammed them all together in one phone. I also have a problem with charging batteries. I'd toss my MP3 player in my gym bag and forget to recharge the batteries, so when I went to the gym, duh, the batteries are dead.

I've always used flash-based players with a maximum of 256MB of memory. All my friends (who, by the way, didn't have MP3 players) told me that was completely inferior and pointless and that they needed to have their entire music collection on their hip at all times.

I use my MP3 player for background noise while exercising. Therefore, I need enough music on there that I can listen during workouts without getting sick of hearing the same stuff over and over again. I really don't want to thumb through songs in the midst of my workouts and I'm too disorganized to put together playlists, so I'm screwed there, too. :)

I live in the 'burbs, so I drive everywhere. Mirculously, my car contains a stereo of its own (with an MP3 CD player, of course), so I don't need to connect my MP3 player to it. At home I can play MP3s over the network on my 5.1 and I can get to them from my office over the good ole' Internet.

If I lived in a city and used public transportation, I might want something a little more iPod-esque. But for my particular circumstances, I like my little phone. :)

Not worht the hype.

Far superior and less expensive players on the market.

I got my girl one because she wanted an IPOD .It all called good marketing by Apple.

6. Default

i got one and i love it.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by alexgtp
    It all called good marketing by Apple.
    I don't know how they do it...

When MP3 players started to emerge on the market, one hard and fast rule was determined early on: for a player to be successful, it must have a display.

Apple releases the Shuffle and everyone buys 2.

I think they are worth it.

Bought both my kids a Nano for Christmas. It beats buying a $15.00 cd that they want and they only like 2 or 3 songs on it. Now they can get the two or three songs for 99cents a song from Itunes.

There are also alot of free sites out there. But as we all know you need to be careful what we download.

I also have the Bose docking station for mine. So as its charging I can listen to it in my home and it sounds great.

You can also burn CDs of the favorites that you download. In the long run its cheaper and better.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperChuck
    I don't know how they do it...

When MP3 players started to emerge on the market, one hard and fast rule was determined early on: for a player to be successful, it must have a display.

Apple releases the Shuffle and everyone buys 2.
    I've got a shuffle and that thing is pretty cool surprisingly. You can plug it in and it fills up automatically with random songs from your collection, then you can play them in random order. Since I got it I've discovered songs I didn't even really know I had on my computer. Got the 1 GB version for under a hundred bucks
    End of line.

Thread Information