Thread: Lasers... who the fuck needs lasers

Default Lasers... who the fuck needs lasers

Just flipping though a magazine and saw an advertisment for the Hitachi C12LSH. "The Beast- An intimidating combination of power and percision. The Hitachi 12-in. C12LSH Sliding Dual-Compound miter saw has a 15-amp motor. It slides on compact, fixed rail; pivots on every axis known to carpentery; and uses a laser for alignment and backlit LCD scale for accurate adjustments of bevel and miter angles." Lasers have become main stream in wood working tools for the last few years, and where present for many years before that. But LCD aided alignment is now making its presence known. What the hell happend to skills? You pretty much take this thing (ugly plastic dowed monstrosity) out of the box, plug it in, and it cuts your wood for you. Hell probably gives you a blowjob also if you buy the upgrade and warrenty. Learning how to use tools is starting to mean "learning how to opperate tools" rather than put them to use. I dont know why but this sort of thing just struck me as rediculus.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilentChamber
    Just flipping though a magazine and saw an advertisment for the Hitachi C12LSH. "The Beast- An intimidating combination of power and percision. The Hitachi 12-in. C12LSH Sliding Dual-Compound miter saw has a 15-amp motor. It slides on compact, fixed rail; pivots on every axis known to carpentery; and uses a laser for alignment and backlit LCD scale for accurate adjustments of bevel and miter angles." Lasers have become main stream in wood working tools for the last few years, and where present for many years before that. But LCD aided alignment is now making its presence known. What the hell happend to skills? You pretty much take this thing (ugly plastic dowed monstrosity) out of the box, plug it in, and it cuts your wood for you. Hell probably gives you a blowjob also if you buy the upgrade and warrenty. Learning how to use tools is starting to mean "learning how to opperate tools" rather than put them to use. I dont know why but this sort of thing just struck me as rediculus.
    Sign me up for 2!

Thread Information