Thread: Battleground Cigars

Default Battleground Cigars

When I was at my shop today, they had some cigars from a company called Battleground Cigar. The bands on them have pics of Civil War Generals and such. Looked kind of neat, and I was just wondering if anyone has heard of them and what they were like?
    "Frankenstien never scared me. Marsupials do, because they’re fast." - Kevin Pollak as Christopher Walken

bigpoppapuff Guest

i'm going to guess that they're a private label by oliva.....try one....ask your tobacconist if they're made by oliva...

Blog Entries

LMFAO!! I know something that bigpoppapuff doesn't

They are a line of cigars produced in the DR by a buddy of mine who owns a shop in Enfield, CT

Connecticut Valley Tobacconist

I think they are VERY GOOD cigars. The guy (Mike) that own this shop is a personal friend of mine.
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 01-15-2006 at 10:39 AM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

bigpoppapuff Guest

i think i'll edit my previous post...lol.....

.....the name "battleground" was alot like others from the oliva book......thanks for your assistance...

5. Default

I've smoked a handfull of em...Not bad.

Blog Entries

After looking at the site these look interesing. May have to try and get some.

I tried to think of something witty to say about this guy being a friend of cc's but I'm half in the bag and sad about the loss (not to mention that I edited this post for 20 mins... god love the scotch) anyway... fuck'n Broncos

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nhcigarfan
    anyway... fuck'n Broncos
    Don't worry, the Colts will probably take them out.

Blog Entries

The Old Powder Keg are my personal favorites from the cigars that Mike offers. These are probably the strongest line that he has which is why I like them.

The cigar boxes for all of the Battleground series of cigars are pretty much pieces of art themselves. I have quite a few and use them to store loose cigars in my coolerdors.

From time to time, Mike has a guy from Cuba in his shop who hand rolls cigars on the premises. He's fun to watch. Oh, he doesn't spak a word of English.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86
    The Old Powder Keg are my personal favorites from the cigars that Mike offers. These are probably the strongest line that he has which is why I like them.

The cigar boxes for all of the Battleground series of cigars are pretty much pieces of art themselves. I have quite a few and use them to store loose cigars in my coolerdors.

From time to time, Mike has a guy from Cuba in his shop who hand rolls cigars on the premises. He's fun to watch. Oh, he doesn't spak a word of English.
    Wish one of the local places here did some of their own cigars. Seems like it would be fun to watch.
    "Frankenstien never scared me. Marsupials do, because they’re fast." - Kevin Pollak as Christopher Walken

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86
    LMFAO!! I know something that bigpoppapuff doesn't

They are a line of cigars produced in the DR by a buddy of mine who owns a shop in Enfield, CT

Connecticut Valley Tobacconist

I think they are VERY GOOD cigars. The guy (Mike) that own this shop is a personal friend of mine.
    Bill....

I picked up a couple of them at the Big E festival in Springfield, Mass..... I visited that shop on my way up to Westfield, Mass.... nice place
    I'm not big on doing reviews, tobacco doesn't taste like "cocoa" or "nutty" or "mocha" to me, it tastes like freakin' TOBACCO. I know what I like and I really don't care what other people think of other cigars. I've never read a review and said to myself "Wow, that sounds like a cigar I'd like to try!"

12. Default

Maybe I'll stop in there next time I'm out that way...

Sounds like it would be cool to see.

Mapquest says a little over 3 hrs from where I'll be staying this summer. Definately going for a drive one day.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by thepyrofish
    Mapquest says a little over 3 hrs from where I'll be staying this summer. Definately going for a drive one day.
    Where you staying? Lemme know and I'll meet you at CVTobacco.

Also, there's definitely no "a" in defintely!
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 01-16-2006 at 12:08 PM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Damn, I make that mistake all the time, and I will definItely try not to.

Anyway, I will be in New Brunswick, NJ for 4-5 months for work. Was going to be in Tampa, but the company changed it on us. A lot of the others are pissed, but I'm not that picky. As long as I have cigar stores nearby I'm good with whatever the head office thinks will work.

Thread Information