Thread: labmonkey goes to the Big Apple

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default labmonkey goes to the Big Apple

Well it has been a hell of a week. I got a new job...a great job that pays more and is something I have been wanting to get into....networking!!!! WOO HOOO!

As it turns out i have week to blow between the start of my new gig and the end of my old one, so the wife and I are heading to NYC for 3 days to visit a buddy of mine.

It's my first trip to the Big Apple....CAN'T WAIT!

Anyone have some "must-see's" or "must do's" while I'm there?

bigpoppapuff Guest

go to chumley's..bedford & barrow...in the village...my favorite bar in NYC...been open since prohibition days...awesome burgers....

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppapuff
    go to chumley's..bedford & barrow...in the village...my favorite bar in NYC...been open since prohibition days...awesome burgers....
    sounds cool....and coming from someone with that many raisins, it MUST be good info.

Much appreciated BPP!

bigpoppapuff Guest

plus,you'll love that part of the village...lots of shops,etc....and wait 'til you see some of the bldgs in that area.....

you mentioned two names in the post "chumley's..bedford & barrow."... which is actually the name of the place?

bigpoppapuff Guest

chumley's is the place...i believe it's at 86 bedford....at barrow...there is no sign,btw...goes back to the early days....also one of the few places in nyc that has a working fireplace...and you may run into a star or two...

Thread Information