Thread: Lars Tetens

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

CC... I have to say... I've always been a BMW man, but after seeing one of my residents' 2003 S-type I have fallen in love... I've been looking for an older Jag or even a newer one... forgotten all about wanting an M3
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 8-5-8
    CC... I have to say... I've always been a BMW man, but after seeing one of my residents' 2003 S-type I have fallen in love... I've been looking for an older Jag or even a newer one... forgotten all about wanting an M3

The "X-type" are smaller and comparable to the 3-series BMWs while the "S-type" are slightly larger and pretty much match up with the 5-series BMWs. The XJ8 which they still make are larger, more expensive and completely different from the S & the X and they are designed to compete with the large European sedans, like the 7-series, the large Mercedes, the Infinity Q45 and whatever the top Lexus is.

My favorite new Jaguar is the XK8 which is a coupe or available as a convertible:

I would LOVE one of these!!!

The XK8 took the place of the XJS:

which superceded the XKE:
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 10-11-2005 at 12:05 AM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Blog Entries

That picture above of the XJS is 1988-1991, those were the BEST!!! In 1992 they changed the ass end and I think they don't look as nice. The XJSs of those years were all 6.0 liter V12 and go like HELL!!

You can find VERY NICE show quality ones for around $15,000.00.

One of the best deals going!!
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

I loved driving my grandfathers 91 Sovereign but I would take a 4spd of this over that any day

N.O.L.A.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rcpky16
    I loved driving my grandfathers 91 Sovereign but I would take a 4spd of this over that any day
    69 El Camino SS

WooooooHOOOOO

Probably a 396 too!
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 10-11-2005 at 12:18 AM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86
    69 El Camino SS

WooooooHOOOOO

Probably a 396 too!
    I wish that was mine. lol. It would probably be the death of me if I drove that in Maine during the winter.
    N.O.L.A.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rpcky16
    I wish that was mine. lol. It would probably be the death of me if I drove that in Maine during the winter.
    Like this?:

LOL!!
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Well sence were on the subject of cars, this is a picture of my last project:

Guess what it is and you may win a free cigar.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilentChamber
    Well sence were on the subject of cars, this is a picture of my last project:

Guess what it is and you may win a free cigar.
    I should know this one, the door handle is a very good clue......
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

yeah the door handle will definatly tell you who made it. I think they used that handle on pretty much everything.

Blog Entries

OOOOOoooooooooo.... I FORGOT ONE!!! In 1984 or 1985, one of my fraternity brothers had a 1976 Fiat X19 with a blown motor that he gave me. They have the same engines as Fiat 128s but the engines in an X19 are in the rear. Mine was yellow, just like this one:

I never fixed it, I just threw it away
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Fix it again, Tony.

Blog Entries

Oh how could I forget the 1974 Impala In 1984, my friend Nelson's wife gave me her 1974 Chevrolet Impala. The roof was rotted around the windshield so badly that it leaked like crazy when it rained. I fixed it and drove it for a couple of years. The engine was so beat, it burned a quart of oil every 50 miles. I drove it out to Penn State in the fall of 1984 which is 330 miles one way and it used 12 quarts of oil. In 1986, I entered in in a demolition derby at Riverside Park in Springfield, MA. I made it 3/4 of the way through the heat. It looked just like this but no vinyl roof. It was a two door coupe with no roll down rear window:
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Blog Entries

DAMN!! I forgot about the two Toyota Celicas I had. Two other fraternity brothers gave me their Celicas. One was a 1974 which I drove for a very short time and sold to a friend and the other was a 1977 which I drove in 1985 as my regular car for a few months as well.
    Here's a picture of a 1974 but mine was silver:

Here's a photo of a 1977, mine was white:
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Thread Information