Thread: Travel Aficionados????

1. Default Travel Aficionados????

Hey guys I am getting married November 17th this year, Friday night before Alabama/Auburn game, (sucks since I wont get to see the game ) haha i guess she's worth it I need some help with a honeymoon from all you travel aficionados. I had an offer from my sister and brother-in-law to take a week of their time share but if any of you know most of the timeshares in the caribbean stay booked year round which makes that option null and void. So the other option is to just book it myself and I have done alot of checking with tons of websites and even local travel agents. If any of you travel often or know of a good website that has reasonable prices please let me know. Some of the sites that I have looked:

orbitz
    travelocity
    expedia
    classicvacations
    applevacations (which seems to me has the best prices)

Anyway thanks for any and all suggestions. And if you don't know of another site but have a great idea of where to go outside the states please let me know and I would be greatly appreciative. Thanks again.

-Casey

Getting married?

DON'T DO IT, IT'S A TRAP.

Congrats man.

bigpoppapuff Guest

barcelo bavaro in punta cana...D.R.....all inclusive and awesome...you'll love it...

4. Default Dominican...

Yeah I neglected to mention that pretty much anywhere is acceptable except there. She heard some story of one of my friends who went to some resort in punta cana on his honeymoon. And while he loved it, his wife on the other hand had some misgivings about the gunfire she over heard a couple of nights haha so needless to say my fiance has put a veto on anything D.R. although i have looked at a few resorts there and they are really nice or at least look it.

Thanks for the suggestion... Is there anyone else who could be of help?

bigpoppapuff Guest

i've been to the D.R a dozen times....puerte plata,juan dolio,punta cana,santo domingo,and santiago...i've never had any problem..too bad...you'd love it...

If your looking for quiet I love Turks and Caicos. Costa Rica is nice. I would highly recommend a travel agent though. If you travel outside the US or even in the US and you flight is delayed,cancelled etc........ Who you going to call if you book this all yourself? If you need a contact for a travel agent just PM me.
    Family, Friends and a good cigar. Oh and some fishing too!

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_yamz
    Yeah I neglected to mention that pretty much anywhere is acceptable except there. She heard some story of one of my friends who went to some resort in punta cana on his honeymoon. And while he loved it, his wife on the other hand had some misgivings about the gunfire she over heard a couple of nights haha so needless to say my fiance has put a veto on anything D.R. although i have looked at a few resorts there and they are really nice or at least look it.

Thanks for the suggestion... Is there anyone else who could be of help?
    If I recall correctly, there was a bit of a border skirmish problem a couple years ago. Some friends of mine were honeymooning down there at the time.

No worse than my old apartment in Poughkeepsie, we used to hear gunfire there, too...

Blog Entries

I concur with BassFever on getting a travel agent. We've taken lots of trips and I've found that depending on the time of year and the location, a travel agent has some of the best deals.

Also, I highly recommend getting an all-inclusive package, if possible. Make sure it includes booze - good booze, not lame-ass rail shit. The last thing you want to worry about is how much it will cost to get your new bride all liquored up. In fact, if you drink enough booze, you won't even care about gunfire all that much.
    puro pot pass VI loser

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by illilli
    I concur with BassFever on getting a travel agent. We've taken lots of trips and I've found that depending on the time of year and the location, a travel agent has some of the best deals.

Also, I highly recommend getting an all-inclusive package, if possible. Make sure it includes booze - good booze, not lame-ass rail shit. The last thing you want to worry about is how much it will cost to get your new bride all liquored up. In fact, if you drink enough booze, you won't even care about gunfire all that much.

That's hilarious... Yeah I've heard good things about all-inclusives and definately love the Turks and Caicos but I think the all-inclusives there are a little out of my budget. The things that I have seen online are a little bit cheaper than what I've been quoted from several travel agents although a couple places are like a couple hundred less than what the travel agents quoted me. It could just be the agents here in ALABAMA (insert smiley that has a redneck here) So I guess the question I should be asking is "Is the security of a travel agent worth a couple extra hundred bucks? or in some cases only a few bucks?" A few bucks absolutely, as I am not mentally retarded, but a couple hundred??? That from what I have gathered on here would be a very fine box of cigars

Bassfever I would love some travel agent info if you have any bud. Thanks.

10. Default

Personal opinion: Go to Paris. It's wicked cheap and much more interesting than any resort, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperChuck
    Personal opinion: Go to Paris. It's wicked cheap and much more interesting than any resort, IMHO.

CHEAP??!??!

I went there a couple years ago and the first thing I did was go to the Eiffel(sp?) tower and a large coke cost me 12 euros. But I guess it was all-inclusive and never saw the hotel rates/meal rates.
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by drew_goring
    CHEAP??!??!

I went there a couple years ago and the first thing I did was go to the Eiffel(sp?) tower and a large coke cost me 12 euros. But I guess it was all-inclusive and never saw the hotel rates/meal rates.
    Any tourist spot is going to bend you over... If you went to a coke machine a block over, you'd probably pay 1E...

Quote Originally Posted by SuperChuck
    Any tourist spot is going to bend you over... If you went to a coke machine a block over, you'd probably pay 1E...
    Yeah, true...and it was pretty cool buying beer from a vending machine and drinking it as you walk down the street...on second thought, can't some of you guys in the states do that?
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

14. Default

Yeah, true...and it was pretty cool buying beer from a vending machine and drinking it as you walk down the street...on second thought, can't some of you guys in the states do that?
    Not where I live! :)

I don't know about vending machines, but some places (New Orleans and Las Vegas come to mind) do allow you to walk around with an open container...

Amsterdam is the big winner, though... Beer and soda are the same price. And you can buy beer pretty much anywhere. And there's the live sex show, best deal in town.

PM sent to yamz
    Family, Friends and a good cigar. Oh and some fishing too!

We dont have the vending machines for beer, but we can walk around with open containers. Long as you dont bother a soul and disrupt others. But then again, we can also walk around with guns out in the open. Its legal, but its a good way to get someone to call the cops on you making up some crazy ass story.

I do travel alot, but I will say this so I dont thread jack. Orbitz you get some decent prices but if something comes up, you are screwed. My last ticket from them I needed to cancel and couldnt. They didnt even give me a penalty either or couldnt change the gates. So I had to use it which kinda hurt me but oh well.

Thread Information