Thread: ? on MC Habanos

Default ? on MC Habanos

A few individual boxes arrived today from a foreign land. One in question is of MC #5's. This is the third box I have ordrered of the same smoke. I smoked one today. It had a very tight draw, but the flavor was the same. Maybe a bit young with a 05 year on the box code? The label was different too. The embelm in the middle was different than a few in the humi from a year or two back and a bit more shiny. The v and inverted shaped contium design outside of the center seems to be a little short as well. The two dots L. and R. of center are positioned a little higher than the other labels. Is this a fake box from a recommended source or a new label? ? ?
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

Shearstown, Newfoundland (A suburb of Bay Roberts)

I seem to remember reading somewhere Habano's SA (the only company authorized to export) was involved in the change of identification systems to prevent such crimes. Let me see if I can find it today and I'll PM you the link.

As I remember, the Montecristo label changed a little while ago, this link has some handy pictures.
    I thought it was a tampon joke!

Quote Originally Posted by stjohnroe
    As I remember, the Montecristo label changed a little while ago, this link has some handy pictures.
    Phewww. Thanks. I feel much better now.
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

Thread Information