Thread: Funny thing that happened at work.

Default Funny thing that happened at work.

Be careful where you solicite! I walk up to a customer and ask if I can help him. "Just looking." he says. I go about my business mixing tobacco and he comes back and tries to sell us some magazines. Two detectives from the fraud division are setting at the end of the bar. One gets up goes to his car and retrieves his badge. We tell the guy soliciting to leave, he gets beligerent. Now is where the fun starts -- guy walks out the door and both detectives follow him to his accomplice and intergigates them. They let the guy go. Another customer pulls up in his marked police car, they start talking about the scum bags that are going door to door trying to run a scam. Next thing we know the 2 detectives have strapped on their side arms and all 3 take off after the solictor to check out how many people he's conned!

Shearstown, Newfoundland (A suburb of Bay Roberts)

Interesting day at the office, hey Girly??

Sometimes I love work for the entertainment value! Well that and the cigars. :)

7-11 used to give free coffee to any badge. Do yall offer a free smoke?
    Bruce

Never assume malice when stupidity will suffice.
    Hanlon's Razor

MAgazine sale scams are popular. The forms and stuff are easy to get a hold of because schools and organizations do drives all the time. Usually, it's a cute young girl in tight clothes doing the selling of men's magazines.
    "some people are like slinkies, they're not really good for anything but they can bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs." –Unknown

"He did for bullshit what Stonehenge did for rocks." -Cecil Adams

6. Default

When I was working in South Providence, there was this one lunch place we used to go to all most every day. It was also frequented by two of the local bicycle cops. One day, this guy comes in visibly drunk and starts harrassing people. The two cops LEAP out of their seats, forcibly remove him from the building, and go right back to lunch. :)

Kenyth, next time you get cute girls in tight clothes selling mens magazines, send them my way!

Quote Originally Posted by SuperChuck
    When I was working in South Providence, there was this one lunch place we used to go to all most every day. It was also frequented by two of the local bicycle cops. One day, this guy comes in visibly drunk and starts harrassing people. The two cops LEAP out of their seats, forcibly remove him from the building, and go right back to lunch. :)

Kenyth, next time you get cute girls in tight clothes selling mens magazines, send them my way!

They're a lot less cute when they're trying to rip you off.
    "some people are like slinkies, they're not really good for anything but they can bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs." –Unknown

"He did for bullshit what Stonehenge did for rocks." -Cecil Adams

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Kenyth
    They're a lot less cute when they're trying to rip you off.
    I consider that an even trade

Thread Information