Thread: Cigars you have left behind

Default Cigars you have left behind

I started off loving Camacho cigars and made them a daily smoke for almost six months. As I started to explore other lines, I left it behind for a while, fully intending to come back to them.

I smoked my first Camacho in over six months. I can't believe I used to love these. They seem one-dimensional, and have an acrid, bitter taste.

It seems as your palate develops, look out for changes, as you'll find cigars you used to love are no longer for you. Go figger.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

La Gloria Cubana, the regular line. Last time I purchased a box of these they were poorly constructed, had nagging burn problems and plugs, and didn't taste anything like I remembered.

Arturo Fuente Brevas Royale, got my hands on a box of Padron Fumas. Will not look back. Paul

Quote Originally Posted by SmokinDVM
    La Gloria Cubana, the regular line. Last time I purchased a box of these they were poorly constructed, had nagging burn problems and plugs, and didn't taste anything like I remembered.

Interesting, that's one of the smokes I fell in love with (but the Series R, not the regular) that now I am no longer interested in smoking.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cigar no baka
    Interesting, that's one of the smokes I fell in love with (but the Series R, not the regular) that now I am no longer interested in smoking.
    I usually still keep some of the Serie R in a humi.
    Although, as of late, these have become less consistant also.

Shearstown, Newfoundland (A suburb of Bay Roberts)

CNG, you havin' a bad day???

You need a back-rub. {{Where the hell are Cinda and Cigar Girl when ya need 'em?}}

7. Default

Mayorga
    Maria Mancini
    Fuente green foot
    Cabanas
    A lot of shit that was made in the boom ,BPP knows what I am talking about
    The older I get ,the better I was

Don Kiki cigars, Rum Runners, IT Fire (I still smoke these on occasion, but used to love them!)

My palate has shifted towards mild and medium bodied cigars with lighter wrappers. I still enjoy a good full bodied maduro, but not as often.

A brand that has been growing on me is Gurkha and the K Hansotia line.
    "some people are like slinkies, they're not really good for anything but they can bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs." –Unknown

"He did for bullshit what Stonehenge did for rocks." -Cecil Adams

I still love IT Fire, but have gone more to IT Super Fuerte Maduro. Paul

10. Default

Mac's, Te Amos, Curly Heads, Don Tomas, Baccarat, Henry Clay, RyJ Domminican

Quote Originally Posted by Newfie
    CNG, you havin' a bad day???

You need a back-rub. {{Where the hell are Cinda and Cigar Girl when ya need 'em?}}
    Sorry all out of backrubs.. :) Had a couple customer use them up. Reg. line La Gloria.. well can't really say anything about it, but some have found it lacking...

Filipino, born and raised. Now living in Sherwood Park Alberta, Canada

spdm extra fuerte - excellent at first. but just halfway thru the box i got bored with the flavor. too bad.
    You are what you eat. That's why I'm a fat bastard.

Thread Information