Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cigar lounge in your town?

Default Cigar lounge in your town?

So, I am wondering if any of you have cigar bars or lounges in your city? A place where you can buy a cigar and sit and smoke it if you like. Maybe enjoy a congac, beer or wine? I suppose you could also smoke pipes there and purchase pipe tobacoo? How many places do you have in your city like this? How long have they been around? Are they busy? Is it more public or private and small? What are their names? I heard of one place here in Calgary that didn't make it as a cigar lounge. It was called the Chameleon. I don't think that is a very good name for a cigar lounge, and it would hardly draw the right kind of business. I think it's still open as a wine lounge but the humidor is empty and dry:( I'm just wondering why there aren't more of these kinds of lounges?
    Last edited by Roham; 04-06-2005 at 01:22 AM.

Filipino, born and raised. Now living in Sherwood Park Alberta, Canada

Thumbs up

Roham,

We have one just like that back here in Manila. It's called Churchill's Cigars and Wine. A very cozy place, with dim lights, wooden interior, and soft leather couches. Perfect ambiance for unwinding and relaxing at the end of the day. Been there a couple of times to smoke a good cigar with some port or wine. I like it because the place is not too crowded. They sell only Cubans, and the selection is pretty good and plenty. They have a little walk-in humi where you could pick the smokes yourself. Some wines from Italy, France, Chile and Australia are available as well, along with some port, and spirits like cognac, brandy and whisky.

The place is not cheap, but if you're willing to splurge a bit and treat yourself to the good life, this cigar bar and lounge has it.
    You are what you eat. That's why I'm a fat bastard.

houston has a lot. not sure how many. at least 7.

San Antonio has at least one that I am aware of because I live close to it. Great selection of cigars...pretty much pay retail tho...but nice atmosphere.

7?! Do you ever frequent any of them?

Quote Originally Posted by Roham
    7?! Do you ever frequent any of them?
    there are two that i go to fairly often

There a plenty of cigar shops of varying quality and selection in the greater Sacramento area. (I live about 40 minutes north of Sac.)

As for cigar lounges . . . there are two that I know of but it has been years since I went to the one in downtown Sac. (Harlows) When I was there over 5 years ago it was a nightclub downstairs and a cigar lounge upstairs.

The one I frequent now is in Loomis, CA (about 20 minutes north os Sacramento) and it is called Tobacco Republic. Small place with a couple chairs and two soft leather sofas. It has a huge walk-in humidor . . . about the size of a large bedroom. Great selection (no cubans . . . damn the US policies ). The owner, Ron, is great and has taught me alot about cigars and the different kinds and flavors. Apparently he even owns a factory in the Dominican Republic! He has even given me free sticks on more than one occasion - very nice guy indeed!

I wish all of you were as lucky as I am to have a shop/owner in your area like Tobacco Republic and Ron.
    Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry. - - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Drake
    there are two that i go to fairly often
    And you sit down? Do you order a drink? Or just smoke a cigar? Or just buy and run?:)

I was reading last night about some cigar lounges that offer lockers for rent in their humidor! Thats a pretty neat idea!

yes they are pretty neat. and convenient. but prepare to shell out a lot of extra cash as they dont come cheap. our cigar bar here has one but the rental fee is way up high than the cost of the smokes i plan to put in them.

http://www.puffthemagic.com/ban.htm

Here is a good article!

How big are the cigar lounges in your towns? Room for just a couch and a lazy boy or is it bigger, like a pub????

Thumbs up

just big enough for a small walk-in humi, a small wine cellar, a bar, three tables with leather couches. nice n small n cozy.

two big couches, a big screen, and a walk in. not very big

The one near where I live is like a small pub and a small cigar shop connected together...quite roomy.

i don't have anything like that around where i live.

The place a few miles from my house is AWESOME!!!

Here's the website: Cigars and More

Great bunch of guys hang around, nice selection of cigars in a walk in humidor, leather chairs, TV's everywhere, game table (great poker and hearts), Golden Tee, frequent events - you can't ask for much more...

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese
    The place a few miles from my house is AWESOME!!!

Here's the website: Cigars and More

Great bunch of guys hang around, nice selection of cigars in a walk in humidor, leather chairs, TV's everywhere, game table (great poker and hearts), Golden Tee, frequent events - you can't ask for much more...
    that looks nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Drake
    that looks nice!
    Wish you could join me, Drake - it's a great place!!!

I feel bad when I hear other BOTL's have nowhere to go and smoke - especially in states that are highly restrictive of cigar smoking. I guess I'm lucky that I have the cigar store near me. I hate traveling out of town and trying to find someplace to go - it seems that there are many states and localities where cigar smoking is frowned upon.

I'm also lucky to have several restaurants, lounges and bars in close proximity that allow and encourage cigar smoking. There's a great bar/restaurant in Schaumburg, IL a group of us tend to frequent called "Fox and Hounds" - it's a cigar smokers paradise. Large leather couches and chairs, big screen TV's all over the place, pool, darts, and great food and drinks...

Default Club Macanudo

Place called Club Macanudo in NYC. Real nice place, have to be dressed up, can't BYOC though, have to buy your sticks there. I'm cool with that being the only indoor place to smoke though, honestly, even before the smoking ban, most places that allowed smoking did not allow cigar smoking.

That's really it for Manhattan though.

Thread Information