Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Virgin America Pass

updated with BigMac's P/Ts... very nice P/Ts... for everyone... except BKC... his sucked ass...and he sent it before posting...

Gotta say, though things have been busy - I miss y'all. Even the Canadians.
    Look at that... I plumb got myself 5 raisins and 7 termites.

Quote Originally Posted by BigMacFU View Post
    Tyler, box is on its way baby, 01038555749685411044

Should be there Friday.
    I'll keep my eyes open.

Picture time baby:

Two pics, the second is my favorite, it has a barge and the bridge, and the cigars look like skyscrapers.

To see the full resolution, just check out my flickr site: http://www.flickr.com/photos/maccarthy and click on the pics and select see all sizes.

"If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Quote Originally Posted by mauied1101 View Post
    updated with BigMac's P/Ts... very nice P/Ts... for everyone... except BKC... his sucked ass...and he sent it before posting...

Gotta say, though things have been busy - I miss y'all. Even the Canadians.
    WTF ???........ LMAO
    I'm not big on doing reviews, tobacco doesn't taste like "cocoa" or "nutty" or "mocha" to me, it tastes like freakin' TOBACCO. I know what I like and I really don't care what other people think of other cigars. I've never read a review and said to myself "Wow, that sounds like a cigar I'd like to try!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bkcloud114 View Post
    WTF ???........ LMAO
    LOL - you just watch your back... I KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE!

the box arrived yesterday. I quickly looked through it and everything seemed in order. My twins christening is tonight so I won't have time to do the P/T's until tomorrow.

7. Default

This is coming close. I'm going to need help guys.
    "No one can tell me what is a good cigar -- for me. I am the only judge. There are no standards -- no real standards. Each man's preference is the only standard for him, the only one which he can accept, the only one which can command him."
    ~ Mark Twain

If this is cool I'll send it out tomorrow.

Puts:

RASCC (bandless) ISOM
    Anejo #77 "shark"
    King B
    Hemingway Classic Maduro

takes:
    Montecristo #5
    PAM exclusivo
    Cohiba EV 749

looks good here... just be sure to post the numbers if you could so i can appropriately update the list.

Tyler, you jerk, why you gotta go put such nice cigars in making us all look like losers?

Very nice p/t's
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Puts

#53 King B
    #54 Hemingway Classic Maduro
    #55 Anejo #77
    #55 RASCC

Takes
    #24 PAM Exclusivo
    #28 Monte #5
    #34 Cohiba XV 749

I'm still looking for the cord for the camera so I can down load the pics. Once I find it I'll get my pics up.

Superchuck - coming at you.

DC# 03050830000191954057

Has anyone been in contact with superchuck? This box was delivered yesterday. I just check and he hasn't been on the forum since 8/18.

Did he go on a vacation or something I didn't know about?

NH - just PM'd you - let's see if we can wake Superchuck up...

15. Default

Who are you people and what are you doing in my living room?

Sorry about my absence. My girlfriend and I both started new jobs a couple weeks ago, so things have been pretty hectic.

Funny story about the package, though. It was raining pretty heavily in the early part of the week, so the mailman took advantage of an empty recycle bin I had sitting on my back porch. Since it had been raining, I assumed it filled with water and my girlfriend had flipped it over to drain it. Apparently, she assumed I had flipped it over to drain it.

Only by chance did I tilt it to knock the water off and noticed it had a package inside... :)

The box was pretty much ruined, but the contents are in perfect condition.

I've made a list of potential puts and takes. I'll do a price check at cigarcyclopedia at lunch today and get my pictures taken this evening. It should be going back out Friday or Saturday.

Sorry if I scared anyone...

16. Default

Here's what I'm thinking for puts/takes:

put:
    #57 Don Collins Torpedo (about 7x50)
    #58 5 Vegas Series A (Archetype 6x50, I think)
    #59 Joya de Nicaragua Antano Gran Consul (4.75x60)

take:
    #37 CT virtuoso crescendo
    #51 gurkha doble maduro

If that sounds good, I'll take some pictures in the morning and get this bugger out tomorrow afternoon,,,
    Last edited by SuperChuck; 09-01-2006 at 06:52 AM. Reason: Added numbers

Whewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Puts/takes sound ok - but like so many damn people before you, 2 takes = 2 puts... I don't know where everyone's math is coming from.

If you could post the numbers for the P/Ts - we'll get it going.

Hey Dixon - you ready?!

Default Public Service Announcement

I should take this opportunity to do a public service announcement - I posted in the original rules: "12) Any extra cigars left over will be split between polls for the best landmark photo and the best "other" photo."

i.e. if there were 14 sticks to start off with, we'll do an impartial numbering to take anything over 14 sticks (like picking lottery numbers, etc.) and then vote on the landmark and "other" photos - to split the rest!

Shearstown, Newfoundland (A suburb of Bay Roberts)

Quote Originally Posted by mauied1101 View Post
    snip... 12) Any extra cigars left over will be split between polls ...snip
    Ahem, if I may be permitted to say something here ..................

bull (cough cough) shit
    ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Hi. My name is Jim and I like to shave!

20. Default

Okay, lets see if I'm smart enough to inline pictures...

Fans of Jim Carey may recognise this street from the beginning of Me, Myself and Irene.

The "barber shop" is on the left (it's actually a marine supple store). "McQuades Marketplace" is on the right (it's actually a pizza place, the real McQuades is a few blocks behind where I took this picture). If you look carefully in the movie, there's a PIZZA sign sticking out of the side. The real McQuades was used for the interior shots; they used the proceeds from the movie to... remodel the interior.

If you look real close you can see the fountain he dips the little girl in... Oh! Wait! No you can't! There never was a fountain there, it was just a movie prop. That's actually a memorial to locals who served in all the wars islanders have fought in. On some holidays, the whole area is lined with flags.

Ready for the small town part? :)
    I live probably 500 yards from where tis picture is taken. And I grew up half a mile behind where this picture was taken.

My favorite smoking spot (during the warmer months) is down at the end of this street and hang a left. There are some park benches down there overlooking the water; I can sit there and watch the waves or window shop for sailboats.

(I actually forgot to put the lei in this picture. Whoops.)

This statue it called "The Wave". It's a famous landmark in downtown Newport. The artist is Kay Worden, who also lives in my hometown. I used to do community theater with Kay, who introduced herself as "My name is Kay and I like to play with clay."

In the summer, the feet of the Wave is adorned with socks, old shoes, flip-flops, or whatever else pranksters can dream up. Kay thinks this is hilarious; she doesn't take herself or her work very seriously and believes that sculpture should be interactive.

At one point, there were plans to commission a statue of arms popping out the other side of the wave in Australia. Unfortunately, I think that fell through...

Today, the feet have a shell lei on them! And a couple cigars bidding a fine farewell to the state of Rhode Island...

(I was tempted to eave the lei, but it should continue on!)

Thread Information