Thanks to anew friend up north I got my hands on a few ISOMs

Decided to start with a Partagas Shorts leaving the best for last

When I looked at it first I though ok too many veins but it does have a nice velvety feel with oily and brown wrapper. But how is that different from what I have smoked before especially with a length of about 5 and a ring gauge of around 40 - I have seen things more mpressive before. But keeping an open mind I started my journey

The cap is cut and the pre-light fraw is tighter than the non ISOMs but def not plugged.

I have infront of me a cup of very nice coffe and I am ready to light this one up. Amazingly the cigar does not bet burned a lot on the edges but maybe just a 1/5 of an inch all around perfect burn.

So I am ready to get hit with the strength of what I heard ISOMs are all about. Nothing of the kind. Just a nice smooth draw with hints of spice. One inch down I see very nice holding ash and all I get is pure smoothness and spices galore. Interesting thing is its not just spicy but a multitude of spices that keep changing from pull to pull. I already like this Now I get some hints of earth, wood, and leather. Ok this is interesting I am half way through this beauty so I will change it up a bit

Now I have a glass with 12 year old Mc'Callan scotch aged in cherry wood.

And just in time the cigar changes into a reall erthy herby type of taste, I smell a nice medow pine, and smoke but not the fire fire help me kind but like a nice smoked meat kind as the cigar turns to mere mellow nutty flavors now.

How can they get so many tastes and smells into such a little cigar.

Jim -- I am on a slippery slope indeed

No more writing I am going to take this one right to the fingers burning finish