Thread: Is this a good deal ???

Default Is this a good deal ???

OK after trying Padron Aniversario 1964 I am a fan for life. So I tried looking up the deals on the net and the best I can find is $255 a box, which is a bit too much for me right now.

Today I went into one of the cigar stores in the city and they have this cigar in Exclusivo shape for $12 a stick. IS that a good price to pay if I want to buy a few sticks.

Also if it is and someone else wants some as well please let me know I think I will be in that store again sometime next week.

"I'm a leaf on the wind watch how I soar."
    Hoban Washburn

Dan, do not buy Padron '64's '26's or any aniversarios in NYC, they will bend you over and rape you. Not just the B&M, but the state, the tobacco tax is just ridiculously high. Stick to buying premiums on the web if you can.
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

I just picked up Imperials for $10/stick at my B&M.
    Look at that... I plumb got myself 5 raisins and 7 termites.

Shearstown, Newfoundland (A suburb of Bay Roberts)

Quote Originally Posted by mauied1101
    I just picked up Imperials for $10/stick at my B&M.
    Which store mauied??

Quote Originally Posted by Newfie
    Which store mauied??
    John B. Hayes. Some guy was asking - prices weren't marked so I commented "around $13/stick." The guy behind the counter looked at it, compared it against another one and said "let's say $10?" He said he'd rather make a smaller profit than overcharge a customer. After he picked up a couple, I followed suit.

As a sidebar, I went in looking for interesting sticks - found a couple that looked like the Fuente BTL - asked about it, and the same guy said "tell you what - you stick around for 15 minutes, tell me what you think about it, and you can smoke it for free."

Yes, I like this store.
    Look at that... I plumb got myself 5 raisins and 7 termites.

Ogden, UT Love the moutains hate the city! I know I feel sorry for me too. :)

That's sweet! Too bad we (me & slcraiders) don't have any place like that in UT. Sound to me that that a pretty smart guy to offer that. He gets the review of the cigar and a new faithful customer, as I'm sure you'll be buying there more often now.

Shearstown, Newfoundland (A suburb of Bay Roberts)

Quote Originally Posted by mauied1101
    John B. Hayes. Some guy was asking - prices weren't marked so I commented "around $13/stick." The guy behind the counter looked at it, compared it against another one and said "let's say $10?" He said he'd rather make a smaller profit than overcharge a customer. After he picked up a couple, I followed suit.

As a sidebar, I went in looking for interesting sticks - found a couple that looked like the Fuente BTL - asked about it, and the same guy said "tell you what - you stick around for 15 minutes, tell me what you think about it, and you can smoke it for free."

Yes, I like this store.
    Added to my shopping list for this weekend!!

Thread Information