Thread: Garo Los Lectores Double Corona

Default Garo Los Lectores Double Corona

Recently I attended a tasing event at my local cigar lounge (Tobacco Republic) featuring the Garo line of fine cigars. Much to my delight they were handing out free cigars . . . any cigar from the Garo line. I asked for a suggestion and was given the Garo Los Lectores Double Corona. Besides being a free cigar this was the most expensive cigar of them all at $16.75!

So here is the review . . .

Initial Impression Very silky smooth natural wrapper. Firm but not hard. Beautiful. A giant of a cigar with what I believe was at least 7.5 to 8 inches in length and a 50 ring.

Pre-Light Aroma Mild tobacco and slightly nutty aroma. I had to say "Ahhhhh" !

Draw Smooth draw but not too easy. Consistent throughout.

Flavor I almost thought this was going to be a weak cigar, which is OK since I do not favor very strong cigars, but after the first half inch or so it moved from a pleasantly mild to slightly medium body cigar. Very flavorful with a rich tobacco flavor with nutty undertones. The last inch or two (I smoked it until it burned my fingers) expectedly became rich and warm.

Burn Even burn with salt and pepper ash. A bit flakey though. Had it go out once but that was most likely due to all the conversation.

Over-all Impression Outstanding smoke if you like a mellow experience. Great flavor with thick smoke. It kept getting better and better the more I smoked it. 94
    Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry. - - Mark Twain

Blog Entries

This vendor was one of the ones I was most impressed with at the RTDA 2005 show.

I smoked I Garo Nueva Jazz which is honestly the only flavored cigar I have ever liked. It was simply amazing. They claim it is fermented with Merlot. I could barly detect a subtile hint of wine in the background, it wasnt over powering which is why I enjoyed the cigar.

I was also given a Garo Anniversario Belicoso to smoke at the trade show. The guy claimed it would go head to head with any cigar at the show. It was my favorite smoke of the day. When I'm thinking about a strong, full bodied cigar, this is exactly the type of cigar I want.

I'm adding these guys to my vendor short list.
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

Thread Information