Thread: Strong ass cigars

Default Strong ass cigars

OK I know that many fellow cigar smokers have told me that the JDN Antona was a strong ass cigar. But after having about 3-4 I can say that it didn't do much for me.

But the strongest ass cigar I have ever had was the Avo 80th. Even stronger than a LFD double ligero, it was so full of spice towards the end that it was a memorable event.

I'd like to hear if anyone else has some strong ass cigars I can try, as I would like to try them out and see how they compare. I don't always smoke strong cigars but always enjoy a new challenge.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Opus X makes me mind my manners.

It all depends on the day for me. I have felt a little queasy from a Sancho Panza, but I've smoked a Chisel and an Antano that I handled just fine.

I'm a JdN Antano fan as well but it's not the strongest cigar that I've smoked. The Brazilia Gol! seemed as strong or stronger as the JdN Antano to me. I smoked an Oliva "O" that had a good kick to the throat.

LFD Limitado ll I love em'
    "If it Bleeds We can Kill it"

I enjoyed the hell out of a LFD Doble Ligero. The Limitado II's piqued my interest but I can't see buying a box of 48. A little pricey for me without doing a split.

Graycliff expresso is another a full flavored cigar .
    In spite of all evidence to the contrary, the entire universe is composed of only two basic substances: Magic and bullshit.

8. Default

Joya De Nicaragua Antano 1970 seems to be up there in sturdy sticks... get a big fat one have it with a glass of wine and no dinner.

9. Default

Hey
    (new smoker here)

Did you tiy a Don Diego cigar? I did a couple of times. I'm nor sure which size was it. It was something 4 7/8x48. Not very long, but fat:) Maybe I have yet to try some really strong stuff, but that was what I'd call a srongass cigar.

Blog Entries

You tried the Carlos Torano Virtuoso? I love these cigars. They might not be quite as strong as say an AVO 80, but they pack a punch.

Quote Originally Posted by hex1848
    You tried the Carlos Torano Virtuoso? I love these cigars. They might not be quite as strong as say an AVO 80, but they pack a punch.

heh, I've done more than try them, I bet I've smoked at least 30-40 of them by now, all torpedos. I love that cigar, one of my favorite go-to's right now.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Rat
    Graycliff expresso is another a full flavored cigar .
    This is the strongest thing I've come across, and they taste excellent. $20 bucks usually though. CI has a Friday Night Fight deal going on where you get 5 of those and 5 Gurkha Legends for 80 bucks.
    End of line.

Sad to say..there is no such thing as a strong cigar for me. Antano's are lucky to be medium at best. Any LFD is lucky to be even medium for me. I've smoked the DL Chisel back to back aka 2 of them on a empty stomach. Nodda...Not even a slight buzz. Opus X are lucky to be medium as well. More on the mild to medium side of things. So as i said...no strong cigars.

Now if you want strong and one that will make you run home for momma, I can introduce you to a pipe tobacco that will rock your world and then some over. Its only 7% nicotine so it basically makes your mouth feel on fire and numb at the same time. That sorta tames down as you smoke more of it. Its called Amazon. Probably the strongest pipe tobacco in the world and its not for the weak or ones that think they can take strength. They should put on the label Hazardous to your health. Smoke at your own risk. And there ya have it. Try it and report back to me. It averages about $6.50 an ounce via the rope and in a glass jar, its like $8.50'ish range. Like I said, if you try it, you've be warned many times over.

Antano's
    LFD Limitado 2
    LFD chisel
    LFD factory press
    Litto Gomez diez anos
    Greycliff expresso
    gurkah legend
    Torano virtuoso
    camacho select
    el rico habano's I hear are strong cigars
    don lino africa's
    Rocky Patel Edge corojo and maduro
    Camacho el legend airo corojo
    Famous nicaraguan private selection corojo
    Olor Fuerte
    Flor de Oliva corojo's are a tad strong
    La Gloria Cubano corona extra maduro
    LGC series R
    A good cigar is as great a comfort to a man as a good cry to a woman. ....Edward G Bulwer-Lytton

15. Default

Here's mine:

Fuente Fuente Opus X, either
    Double Corona 7 5/8 x 49 or
    Perfecxion No.2 6 3/8 x 52
    You don't win silver...you lose gold.

The Oliva El Cobre is about as strong as I have ever smoked. They are discontinued and might be hard to find. Paul

Thread Information