Thread: punch rare corojo

from the future. here are tonights winning lotto numbers

Default punch rare corojo

got me a 5iver of these the other day. waiting to light one up, and still waiting.....

anyone had these lately?

They look pretty good, nice clean finish, and a fairly dark wrapper. I wanted to get the single, which came in its own box with a sliding glass lid, but everyone beat me too it.
    Smokey the bear says:.....

They are freaking awesome. I'm looking at getting a box. I really like the corojo wrapper.

I like these so much I bought a box.... check with JRcigars.com. I bought mine from their retail store, from what i understand they only come out once a year
    I'm not big on doing reviews, tobacco doesn't taste like "cocoa" or "nutty" or "mocha" to me, it tastes like freakin' TOBACCO. I know what I like and I really don't care what other people think of other cigars. I've never read a review and said to myself "Wow, that sounds like a cigar I'd like to try!"

im glad there as good as they look. If i enjoyem, next year I will get a box. I really wanted to get a single, the one in its own box, with the glass lid, but no one has it

geez, its 0530, im about to go to work, and im writing aboutcigars....I think i need to have one.....

see yA!

Quote Originally Posted by Bkcloud114
    I like these so much I bought a box.... check with JRcigars.com. I bought mine from their retail store, from what i understand they only come out once a year
    Yep they are a once a year release since 2001. The El Doble size was part of this year's release to honor one of the guys at General Cigar who died in 2005. While its hard to do, try to put some away and get some age on them. I recently smoked one from 2003 and it was heavenly.

bigpoppapuff Guest

when they first came out,they were forced to admit that they were using the name "corojo" but no corojo in the cigars...i wonder if they are now?....

IMO they were ok. For the same price I could name a few cigars I would prefer over the one named above.

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppapuff
    when they first came out,they were forced to admit that they were using the name "corojo" but no corojo in the cigars...i wonder if they are now?....
    Really ??.... would love to know if that is still true
    I'm not big on doing reviews, tobacco doesn't taste like "cocoa" or "nutty" or "mocha" to me, it tastes like freakin' TOBACCO. I know what I like and I really don't care what other people think of other cigars. I've never read a review and said to myself "Wow, that sounds like a cigar I'd like to try!"

9. Default

"IMO they were ok. For the same price I could name a few cigars I would prefer over the one named above"

So..... Name them!

yeah, could you name a few? Im still a noob, and I simply get mixed samplers to see what good and whats not, so knowing whats similar would be gold..

Back to the Punch...im setting up a tupperdore at the moment (getting a humi after my wedding) so I will be puting one away, and hopefully I wont be tempted.. Got 3 left.... really enjoyed them. They are the Rothschild's, and it was a good ' under an our smoke'.

Getting off track, I ordered these from atlanticcigar, and was oretty pi$$ed off with there service. They took ages to confirm, take money off my cc, wouldnt reply to e-mail etc. It took 3 weeks from order to delivery. I sent them a nastygram, placed another order..... Had it in 4 days. So, they redeemed themselves, and I will continue to order thru them.

Hoo Roo!

Quote Originally Posted by weekendsmoker
    "IMO they were ok. For the same price I could name a few cigars I would prefer over the one named above"

So..... Name them!
    Gran Habano #5 - $4 (also marketed as a Corojo)
    ERdM oscuro robusto $3 excellent cigar
    LFD Chisel or Chiselito $6 & $5, respectively

After reading the first post in this thread, I found a new box of the Punch RC's at the local B&M and grabbed a couple of magnums. Beautiful cigar - box press, red wrapper, good draw. It had substance. first 1/2" or so I felt like I was smoking a loaf of bread - not a bad thing, taste was a few notches above neutral, trying to be rich. Then the flavor kicked in some more and it reminded me very much of the above-mentioned #5. ok, but not one I'd have in rotation.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

I have enjoyed a few of the Rare Corojo, they are quite tasty.
    I also heard the thing regarding the absence of crojo leaf, I guess that's why they use the word rare in the name.
    I thought it was a tampon joke!

Thread Information