Thread: Cigar Tasting, What to Expect?

1. Default Cigar Tasting, What to Expect?

So my local shop is hosting a CAO cigar tasting event that I was planning to attend. Before I go in and present myself as a n00b, I thought I'd see if you guys can prepare me for it a little bit. I was mainly just wandering what i should expect to happen. Do these events usually have a cover charge, or is it free? Maybe its kind of like a tuperware party or something? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

bigpoppapuff Guest

you'll be expected to buy some cigars....i'm sure that they'll ask for proof of age....

other than that,it'll be a rep from CAO,lots of guys sitting around telling stories...and smoking cigars....

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppapuff View Post
    you'll be expected to buy some cigars....i'm sure that they'll ask for proof of age....

other than that,it'll be a rep from CAO,lots of guys sitting around telling stories...and smoking cigars....
    Sounds simple enough, thanks for the help.

My local B&M usually will have soft drinks, pizza and some sort of raffle. The rep will be there handing out freebies. Be sure to be grateful and let him know you are new. Get some suggestions and buy some CAO product while you're there. A couple of my favorites from CAO are the Brazilia and the Black. The maduros are decent. I don't care for the CAO Gold very much but you may want to give it a try if you like a more mild/medium smoke.Stay away from the flavored shit. Most of all learn and have fun.

Thread Information