Thread: Ashton Cabinet Series SGV(again)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Ashton Cabinet Series VSG(again)

For those of you who wanted to actually read the review

Ashton reps were here in town at my local shop today and I decided to have a look see. Never smoked an Aston before so I was a little excited. Here is my review:

Size: Lonsdale 6 1/2 x 42
    Price: $8.50
    Lighter: Double torch
    Cut: Double guillotine

Appearance:
    They have the same look as an Opus in the since that they look rough. Not a real rich color and not too light. I am usually a sucker for a Maduro wrapper but this kind of jumped out at me.

Wrapper:
    Very good construction. Very firm and just a touch glossy.

Burn:
    Burned very even and consistent.

Ash:
    Light grey and held together very nicely. Good solid ash with a clean break in the ashtray every time.

Flavor:
    At first it lit up like an JdNA. Very spicy but not harsh. Had a good kick that you had to be ready for. Full body and the taste was very complex. There was a lot going on with the taste at first but smoothed out as you went along. Once I was half way through a slight nut taste came about and lingered for the rest of the smoke. This was the highlight of the cigar. Toward the final third it mellowed out and became very creamy but still had the distinguished power of a good full bodied cigar.

Smoke/Draw:
    Not the best draw but still good. Easy to puff but not too easy. There was a surprisingly large amount of rich creamy smoke with every draw. I'm a sucker for a lot of volume so this was a definite plus.

Over all:
    Great stick but not for the light at heart. I had to sit down half way through and the feeling of a mellow day has set in now. It is a very complex smoke that had a lot of flavor, volume and a good draw. I would rate this at a 94.

Carlos
    Last edited by Oblik; 04-22-2005 at 03:09 PM.
    Life is to short to b!tch...Get over it and move on.

Thread Information