Thread: Retiring from Fandom

Default Retiring from Fandom

I've decided this weekend that I am officially going to quit watching/keeping up with sports. The reason is because I am way too emotional when it comes to this crap, and I have gotten to the point where I stress so much over a game that my heart will be pounding out of my chest entire time, and if we lose, I actually end up breaking many of my personal effects in rage. No wonder I don't have any friends.
    End of line.

Damn Aggie's fans!
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

bigpoppapuff Guest

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteWidow View Post
    I've decided this weekend that I am officially going to quit watching/keeping up with sports. The reason is because I am way too emotional when it comes to this crap, and I have gotten to the point where I stress so much over a game that my heart will be pounding out of my chest entire time, and if we lose, I actually end up breaking many of my personal effects in rage. No wonder I don't have any friends.

wrong side won in TX tonight......for some...the right side for others....

i'm guessing WW was on the wrong side....helluva good ending though!!!...

That would be funny if I was joking but I'm dead serious I'm not watching sports anymore. I genuinely get pissed at this stuff and I start breaking things and I'm afraid I might hit somebody one of these days. Today I broke an ivory chess board that I had, my clock on my wall, kicked a full can of coke on my carpet, and my girlfriend broke up with me. Since every single team I am a fan of FUCKING SUCKS DICK being a fan is not very condusive to my health, so therefore, I quit.
    End of line.

bigpoppapuff Guest

serious anger management issues......it's a fucking game...someone wins...someone loses....the sun comes up the next day....grow the fuck up!!!!...

i'll watch games tomorrow while you figure out what next to do in your life that can make you miserable.....and the bills will probably lose....big fucking deal!!...

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteWidow View Post
    That would be funny if I was joking but I'm dead serious I'm not watching sports anymore. I genuinely get pissed at this stuff and I start breaking things and I'm afraid I might hit somebody one of these days. Today I broke an ivory chess board that I had, my clock on my wall, kicked a full can of coke on my carpet, and my girlfriend broke up with me. Since every single team I am a fan of FUCKING SUCKS DICK being a fan is not very condusive to my health, so therefore, I quit.
    I ain't gonna sugar coat this. Judging from what you wrote here, this sounds serious. If this behavior manifests itself because of the outcome of a game, then where else are you seeing it? It obviously is already affecting your personal relationships.

Reread your post and think about what you would say to someone who told you they had the same reaction to a game. Then realize that that person is you. Your reaction wan not normal in any sense of the word. You have a problem and it is probably something that you can't handle by yourself. Talk to a professional before it gets any more out of hand.

And BTW - this is in no way meant to be a judgement. I, and I'm sure those in this forum would support you in any way we can. But get some help.

Thread Information