Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions on Petite Coronas

Default Suggestions on Petite Coronas

I'm looking for suggestions on med. to full flavored, spicy petite coronas (5 x 42 or something in that ball park)

I'm having trouble finding those on the NC market. I like the vsg petite but for that price I'll go ISOM. Also I have a few opus #5 but they are expensive for the size, I can't get them everyday, and IMO they are the least tasty of the line. I find a lot of short robusto's out there but I want a smaller ring gauge.

Please give me some suggestions. I'm looking for good taste at good price. Name recognition means nothing.

Thanks,
    NH

My current favorite NC PC is the Tatuaje Havana VI Angeles- about 5.50 a stick. Perfect strength, spice and burn!
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

Here are a few that I have tried and liked:
    H Upmann 5 X 42 about $60 for 25
    Monetcristo Peruvian Fer de Lance 5 X 44 about $60 for 20
    Punch London Club 5 X 40 about $30 for 25
    Punch Elite 5 X 42 about $40 for 25

Of all these, I prefer the Fer de Lance, your taste may differ. Paul

TKO by Plasencia 4x42 .Famous Buenos Maduritos 4x42. RPSG Factory Selects pc 41/2x44.I have all of them in my invantory, and they are all worth the money.

bigpoppapuff Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jslnjohn@sbcglobal.net View Post
    TKO by Plasencia 4x42 .Famous Buenos Maduritos 4x42. RPSG Factory Selects pc 41/2x44.I have all of them in my invantory, and they are all worth the money.

i'd welcome you to the board if your first post had been a proper intro on your part....who are you and why would/should anyone here buy from you if we don't have any info about you.....also,i hope you realize that the owner/admin of this bb is an etailer....

that all being said...please tell us.......

Rocky Patel sungrowns,the factory selects are good and so are the seconds.
    I also like the monte cristo peruvians flor de lance's too.....either habano or maduro wrappers
    A good cigar is as great a comfort to a man as a good cry to a woman. ....Edward G Bulwer-Lytton

In the foothills of the Cascades near Seattle, WA

If I had to pick just one pc it would be the Rocky Patel SG, either the selects or seconds. What a great cigar!
    Last edited by Brewdude; 10-20-2006 at 09:08 PM. Reason: respect for the board's owner

8. Default

Just smoked a Rocky Patel SG PC. it was pretty damn good. I agree with the one post wonder guy about the Plasencia TKO. They are in my regular rotation...Real pepper bombs.

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge View Post
    Plasencia TKO. They are in my regular rotation...Real pepper bombs.

Nice, I like the sound of that.

I'm off to my B&M

Poppa, I'm nobody. When I said "invantory" I meant my cooler-dor.I don't sell cigars. I just gave a few suggestions to someone who asked. You don't know me, I don't know you, and I don't know the person who asked for suggestions. If you are offended by my posts, don't read them.

bigpoppapuff Guest

Poppa, I'm nobody. When I said "invantory" I meant my cooler-dor.I don't sell cigars. I just gave a few suggestions to someone who asked. You don't know me, I don't know you, and I don't know the person who asked for suggestions. If you are offended by my posts, don't read them.
    oh gee,my bad....i'm still waiting for an intro.....getting a bit pissy with your 2nd post,huh??

you going to make any kind of meager attempt to fit in??....we'll be waiting...

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppapuff View Post
    oh gee,my bad....i'm still waiting for an intro.....getting a bit pissy with your 2nd post,huh??

you going to make any kind of meager attempt to fit in??....we'll be waiting...

A. Fuente Petit Corona. My favorite cheaper cigar.

I don't think I like you stealing my lines.
    AND, what the hell is an "invantory"??

Blog Entries

Oh boy, another one......
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SmokinDVM View Post
    I don't think I like you stealing my lines.
    AND, what the hell is an "invantory"??
    LMFAO @ Barry.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Blog Entries

Now wait a minute here, I'm not really on top of my game here today but if I were, I could come up with a couple of good analogies demonstrating what a ridiculous suugestion that is coming from you. So, I'll just ask you a simple question, how can I know whether or not you're being an asshole in a post unless I read it first?

So please allow me to explain from my point of view what happened:
    1. Some asks for cigar recommendations
    2. jslnjohn states that he's got cigars in his "invantory" (by the way jslnjohn, "inventory" is the correct spelling ) which sure sounds to me like jslnjohn is a retailer.
    3. Sid (bigpoppapuff) conclude the obvious which is that jslnjohn is a retailer and asks ole jsnljohn to please tell us about himself and his retailing business.
    3. jslnjohn immediately gets defensive and snotty for no real good reason.

HOLD THE PHONE, I can see ole jslnjohn saying "Well this bigbadvoodoodaddy guy was mean to me." and I suppose if you're on the sensitive side, one might conclude that Sid was a little rough on the noob BUT Sid as well as many others involved in on-line communities really like to see "intro" posts from people so we know at least a little something about them (like whether or not they are a retailer or not, etc....). I really don't think Sid was out of line and jslnjohn, let's face it, you're brand-freakin' new here and it's pretty clear that Sid has been here a while so it's very unwise to mouth off to one of the active long time members here.

Now that we've got all that straghtened out jslnjohn, are you willing to contribute in a positive manner to this community are will you continue to be a dick?
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

bigpoppapuff Guest

my guess is that we may have seen the last of this genius...but if not,he comes back and gets ultra pissy....then gets himself buried...then he leaves and tells his friends what pricks we are......oh well......

So back to it. Any other suggestions?

No one around here carries the Plasencia TKO's.

19. Default

Quote Originally Posted by nhcigarfan View Post
    So back to it. Any other suggestions?

No one around here carries the Plasencia TKO's.

Check out JR Cigars...

20. Default

http://www.famous-smoke.com/cigars/s...cfm/inum/17243

Identical cigar as the TKO,I have smoked them both. Nestor made both of em
    The older I get ,the better I was

Thread Information