Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The most outrageous cigars...

1. Default The most outrageous cigars...

Here's a thread I've wanted to start for awhile: "What in hell were they thinking?" cigars. I can think of about a dozen off the top of my head, but I'll start with two of the most well known.

The outrageous smokes ever rolled:

#1 (of course) Inmenso by Perdomo

http://www.perdomocigars.com/inmenso.html

Bring on the clown shoes! A seven-inch, 70 ring gauge monstrocity that doubles as personal defense. (You would not want to be clubbed over the head with this cigar.) This one also allows the smoker to exercise while smoking, as the thing weighs about the same as a Louisville Slugger. Set aside four to five hours if you plan to actually smoke one of these giants. There are bigger cigars out there (Hell, the Galaxia has nearly triple the tobacco), but Inmenso started it all.

Besides having the goofiest box and goofiest band, Inmenso is the cigar that lends itself to more jokes than any other.

Examples:

Is that an Inmenso in your pocket or are you just glad to see me?
    But honey, you said I could only smoke ONE cigar!

#2 The Big Bamboo by Graycliff

http://www.graycliff.com/index.php?o...=page&SubMenu=

Another "Bigger is better" cigar, this one is LOOOOONNNNNNGGGGG -- 18 inches long in fact. But not only is it long and fat (60 ring gauge), this one comes with an unfinished "shaggy" foot -- so it's near impossible to store without making a mess. At about $40 per stick, this mammoth puts the hurt on your wallet and your wrist. Smoke these too much and you're pretty-much guaranteed to get carpal tunnel syndrome.

But the Big Bamboo has plenty of other uses besides smoking -- you can cut the shag off, poke holes in it and voila! Clarinet! Also doubles as a pool cue, polo mallet, and marching band baton.

I'll have to snap a picture of the one my buddy got me for Christmas a few years ago.... it's quite amusing but I would never ever bother to light it up... probably complete crap.
    Seatbelts save lives, my best friend and I are alive because of them.

Nobody is ever gone as long as there is someone to remember them.

Blog Entries

I saw a smoke called The Egg at a local shop. I'm almost positive it was by Drew Estates. Looked just like it sounds. I'll try to stop by and get a photo during my lunch.

bigpoppapuff Guest

puros indios chief......18" of pure pleasure...

5. Default

Moving right along (unless people tell me they hate this thread, I'll add one or two new weird smokes each week)....

#3 Natural Egg by Drew Estate

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/i...tate+Egg&pic=0

This is a weird cigar from a weird cigar company. I know Drew has a HUGE following. But I think it's unusual for Drew Estate to make it's mark making cigars that taste like a "Bed Bath and Bodyworks" store (The entire ACID line.)

The "Natural" series at least TASTES like a normal cigar, but this iteration sure doesn't look like one. In fact, it looks like a double-ended bowling pin, or a marital aid, or a VERY pregnant churchill.

Another conversation-piece cigar, everyone I know who has smoked one has complained about draw problems.

Makes you wonder what they were smoking when they handed their Torcedors this design.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppapuff View Post
    puros indios chief.....18" of pure pleasure...
    My wife calls me "chief".

Poppa-have you actually smoked a Chief? How many hours of work? Paul

8. Default

Perdomo Cuban Perejo Galaxia 10 " x 100 rg (100/64 th's) 0r 1 9/16 th inches
    The older I get ,the better I was

[QUOTE=bigpoppapuff;64286]puros indios chief......18" of pure pleasure...[/QUOTE]

Thats what they said about Long Dong Silver

Midlothian, Virginia in the Subs. Longwood University....in FARMVILLE Virginia....

Quote Originally Posted by kevin7 View Post
    http://www.thecigarstore.com/product.php?p=70322
    It is 10x100. I saw a guy at my local cigar store smoking it. It took him 5 hours to finish it.
    "After a truly good meal, an outstanding cigar is still the most satisfying after-dinner activity that doesn't involve two human beings."
    Brad Shaw

"Pull out a Montecristo at a dinner party and the political liberal turns into the nicotine facist."
    -- Martyn Harris

1 termite
    +1 raisin

I think the Opus X BBMF is the most outrageous (practical) cigar made, or maybe even the Hemingway Masterpiece.

But yeah, I can see how having a 18" cigar in your humi could be a cool conversation piece.
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

Quote Originally Posted by kevin7 View Post

Any guy who could put his lips around that stick and keep it in his mouth for extended periods of time would be suspect.....

Midlothian, Virginia in the Subs. Longwood University....in FARMVILLE Virginia....

Quote Originally Posted by cigar no baka View Post
    Any guy who could put his lips around that stick and keep it in his mouth for extended periods of time would be suspect.....
    "After a truly good meal, an outstanding cigar is still the most satisfying after-dinner activity that doesn't involve two human beings."
    Brad Shaw

"Pull out a Montecristo at a dinner party and the political liberal turns into the nicotine facist."
    -- Martyn Harris

1 termite
    +1 raisin

Quote Originally Posted by cigar no baka View Post

Blog Entries

The "egg" by Drew Estates.

What a God awful fuggen' piece of crap this thing was. It wouldn't stay lit, it burned like crap and was probably the worst tasting cigar I ever smoked in my life. After it burned down about halfway through the fat part, there was no way I could get it to stay lit so I tossed it and swore I'd never smoke one ever again.

I can't stand Drew Estates crapola.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Two pics of the one I have, more of a gimmick/joke than worthwhile smoke, at least IMHO.

That is a 750ml bottle of Jameson's for comparison sake.

The $10 is for comparison as well.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BigSmoke01Medium.JPG 
Views:	239 
Size:	46.0 KB 
ID:	407   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BigSmoke02Medium.JPG 
Views:	309 
Size:	45.2 KB 
ID:	408  
    Seatbelts save lives, my best friend and I are alive because of them.

Nobody is ever gone as long as there is someone to remember them.

17. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Loudpipes78 View Post
    Two pics of the one I have, more of a gimmick/joke than worthwhile smoke, at least IMHO.

That is a 750ml bottle of Jameson's for comparison sake.

The $10 is for comparison as well.

You're probably right -- but I just wrote a more-or-less favorable review of the Churchill version of that very cigar. (So that you don't have to find the actual post, the review can be whittled down to the single line, "For $2, it's more than smokable.")

If that monster has taken a spin in your humidor long enough to mellow out, I'd recommend firing it up and letting us know how it went!

Some of those monster cigars are REALLY REALLY good.

EDIT -- The cigar in question, as far as I can tell, is the Corona Nicaragua Selection Corona Giant Natural -- 8" by 60

(Say that five times fast...)
    Last edited by ScoopKW; 10-26-2006 at 09:46 PM.

Heres some Opus, notice the Footballs in there.

And another Fuente creation

2 Funky Chickens!
    2.5 Pomegranates

19. Default

I have been dying to smoke one of those. What's your opinion of the Fuente "We'll make any shape cigar we can dream up" line?

This was going to be a "weird cigar of the week" but Empire beat me to it. Last I saw these was in a press release saying most of the line went to former Dolphins QB Dan Marino in 2003. I'm hoping that maybe they're now available in Vegas at Casa Fuente.

EDIT -- Are they finally selling these in Vegas? If so, I am SO going.

Re-EDIT -- Who are you, Empire23 -- Dan Marino? I thought most of these Fuente footballs went to Marino. Enquiring minds want to know!
    Last edited by ScoopKW; 10-26-2006 at 10:19 PM.

THose are some awesome looking cigars! I wonder how they taste?

Thread Information