Thread: Your First Stick

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

loudpipes is still around...talking to him on google chat right now....I'll link him the thread.

Who me? I'm still around.

I've pretty much stopped frequenting most forums 12-18 months ago and randomly pop in here and there to see what's going on.

I still smoke once a week or so and currently have an RP Winter sitting next to me begging to be lit. Buffalo Wild Wings also opened a location near my new place which makes it 50% closer than the existing one I go to and it has at least a 2000 sq/ft patio which is smoker friendly. I am going to be hanging out there quite often.

I still pick up most of my stuff from Tampa Humidor and whatever Guado suggests or comes across since he is a waaaay bigger smoker than I am now. I still have a decent collection but now I have a lot of stuff with some age on it since I slowed down smoking the last year.

As some of you might remember I got divorced back in Dec '06 and got engaged back in July of this year to an amazing woman. We're living together now and have a great life. The wedding is planned for Fall/Winter this year but since we've both been divorced before we don't care about making it a giant affair. Our goal is to buy a house first and if our offer gets accepted on this one short sale we'll definitely be doing a backyard wedding... on a lake.

I guess that's about it... still L-I-V-I-N` and lovin' life.
    Seatbelts save lives, my best friend and I are alive because of them.

Nobody is ever gone as long as there is someone to remember them.

Congratulations Loudpipes!

Nice to see you post again. I'm just as shocked as Guado.
    If I can't smoke because smoking will kill me then life isn't worth living.

-Ian Fleming

Partagas #10. Stopped smoking for several years. Divorce, life in general. But am going to start again...
    Last edited by golfermd; 02-14-2009 at 07:02 AM.
    Dan

5. Default

I'm very new to cigars. My first "cigar" was a Black n Mild "wine" flavored. It was...weird. There didn't seem to be any flavor but the really artificial "wine" smell was sickening. This was about a month ago.

After a couple more gas-station cigars, I decided to buy the mild-medium taster pack at CI. My first real cigar was a Rocky Patel Connecticut. Unfortunately, I was still trying to figure out exactly how to smoke a cigar, and I didn't get much of anything out of it. This was only about a week ago, and I was sitting outside on a bench, when two friends came over. We were talking for a while, and I realized my cigar had gone out. Once they left, it got really cold, so I decided to abandon my smoking for the night, and try to relight another time, because I had only smoked an inch. Unfortunately, the next day the whole stick smelled like stale smoke, so I just decided to toss it.

So great first experiences haha! I have had better experiences since then though.

Oh, and this is my first post

First cigar was a Fonseca 5-50 from a box that my buddy's dad got him for his birthday. I remember how smooth it was and how much I missed the aroma of a cigar. I didn't get into cigars seriously until about 4 to 5 years later.
    All my ex's live in Texas.

Thread Information