Thread: California or Bust!

Default California or Bust!

Thursday (Thanksgiving day) I'm getting on an airplane with 16 soccer players and a few less parents and headed to San Diego to the Girls Surf Cup XIII, one of the more prestigious college showcase tournaments in the country. There will be around 250 coaching staff from over 150 colleges (DI-III) from around the country. Needless to say, we're pretty damn excited. They'll play a game Friday and two on Saturday and if they advance, another one or two on Sunday. I can't tell ya'll how proud I am of this group - they've worked hard for this (invitation only) - I've watched some of them since they were 7 years old; for some 10 years now. Full report in a week!
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post
    Thursday (Thanksgiving day) I'm getting on an airplane with 16 soccer players and a few less parents and headed to San Diego to the Girls Surf Cup XIII, one of the more prestigious college showcase tournaments in the country. There will be around 250 coaching staff from over 150 colleges (DI-III) from around the country. Needless to say, we're pretty damn excited. They'll play a game Friday and two on Saturday and if they advance, another one or two on Sunday. I can't tell ya'll how proud I am of this group - they've worked hard for this (invitation only) - I've watched some of them since they were 7 years old; for some 10 years now. Full report in a week!
    Fuck yeah! Kick some ass! Hope a bunch of them get scouted out.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

Good luck with that. The girls will do great!

It sounds like quite an accomplishment to get accepted. Congratulations and good luck. I'll be following at http://www.surfcup.com. What is the name of the team?
    Last edited by Shelby07; 11-21-2006 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby07 View Post
    It sounds like quite an accomplishment to get accepted. Congratulations and good luck. I'll be following at http://www.surfcup.com. What is the name of the team?
    Dallas Texans Red 89 WTX (It'll be Under 19 Super).
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

cool, I'll check that out over the weekend. Thanks for the link Shelby

Blog Entries

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

Well, those of you who followed the results already know our team went 0 for 3. Disappointing, to a degree. However, these were some of the best teams most of our players have ever seen (and, in the US), and we competed very well (0 goals scored against us in any 1st 1/2). I'm very proud of them. First time in San Diego for me, and that place is absolutely beautiful. My 11th floor room overlooked the harbor and it was like a postcard. I enjoyed a few cigars from the balcony (glad I brought my own, as CA taxes are fucking painful). I enjoyed a lot of the area - San Diego, Del Mar, Laguna Beach, Dana Point - as a driver of a 15 passenger van filled mostly with adolescent girls - highly entertaining and harrowing at the same time!

Anyways, mine is headed to Raleigh, NC, this next weekend with her new team for another showcase, and is in ongoing conversations with a handful of college coaches about her soccer future.

To those reading this, thank you for suffering my soccer dad braggadocio.
    - Tom Robbins

Thread Information