Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Good Morning BOTL / SOTL, Just a little post padding

Well today us Seniors had no school. The juniors were taking the ACT and the other underclassmen were taking other, more useless tests. The administration lets us be excused from school to "job shadow" or college visits, or compass test, or register for classes. Basically they want us out of the way.

So I got to sleep in, then I worked for a few hours, and went and registered for my fall classes. Prom is this weekend and I'll be glad when its over. I'm going with the girl, but its so much work and stuff.

Sipping on some morning coffee and puffing a MC #5. Break time. This is The Doors show weekend for my son with an awesome performance last night. Today we have another dress rehearsal, sound check and concert. Tonight, we will tear down equipment and transport it back to the school and celebrate another successful season. This stuff keeps us all busy but it is well worth it. I just changed my avatar with a pic from last night's concert. He got some pretty good songs this time and sounds great-

Soft Parade- Lead Guitar
    Bellowing- Vocals
    Break on Through- Vocals and Lead guitar
    Crystal Ship- Rythym Guitar
    Who do you Love?- Slide/Lead guitar
    Five to One- Lead Guitar

If only they had cool shit like this when I was a kid.
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

I drove down to New Jersey friday with my brother, last minute trip, to watch the Raptors play the Nets. Great game, but the raps lost We spent saturday in Manhatten. Never been to NY, or NJ, before, it was really nice. Walked around times square and then to central park. I didn't have time to check where any B&Ms were, but I found one, De La Concha. I didn't have much to spend but I grabbed a CAO mx2, Ashton aged maduro, a cubita and an AVO. I smoked the ashton in central park and my brother smoked a CAO maduro. Good times, I'd definately like to visit NY again. But right now I need to find a job!

I figured my breakfast/lunch today was good enough to share. I have this whole week off, so I've just been lounging around, sleeping in, working in the yard, etc. Here's JFellows' breakfast of champions:

Half pound of bacon
    Large quantity of sliced-up honey baked ham refried in the bacon grease
    4 eggs scrambled in the bacon+ham grease

Not bad, eh?

Strangely, despite my eating habits, I'm skinny as a fucking rail - 6'1 or 6'2 x 155. Oh well.

Blog Entries

Good Morning All,
    Finally slowing down a little at work. We have completed the first week of operation on the new computer system that I am in charge of implementing, whew, its been a real bear....lots of 18 and 20 hour days. Haven't had many chances to slow down and enjoy a good cigar, so I have been grabbing mostly yard-gars and quick smokes for the past week or so.

There was an Oliva event at the local b/m the other day and I managed to slip away for a bit and picked up some serie O maduro double toro's....man 6 x 60....I'm thinking one will be sacrificed this evening if I can get out of here at a reasonable time.......I'm thinkin it will pair nicely with an ice cold Rolling Rock. or three or four....

Hope everyone has a great day!!

I finally got moved back to Calgary, and am finishing up my last year. My summer internship was a blast, and I sure learned a lot about the industry. On my way out to catch an outdoor movie and smoke something.
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

Blog Entries

Good Morning all,
    On vacation this week....well, off of the paid job and doing the honey-do jobs that I've had to put off since about April. Tore down an old wooden shed and am building a metal one in its place, and like most things its taking longer than I imagined.

Its supposed to rain here later today so I hope to have an opportunity to relax with some good sticks this afternoon.......if I survive the dentist appointment at 1:45 that is. Geesh, vacation time to do homework and go to the freakin dentist........maybe I am truly a masochist.

Blog Entries

Good Morning All,
    Day full of meetings for me, every one of them about either Sarbanes Oxley audits, or year end physical inventories. Major suck!! I'll try to ease the pain with a nice mid-day smoke on my way to the post office.

Blog Entries

Good Morning everyone!! Hope all are off to a good start today. I spent most of my night at the hospital with my Pop......now he's go pneumonia (sp?) in the right lung....temp of 103.....not good. Been pretty rough for him lately......went to Houston for his follow-ups at MD Anderson last week on Mon-Tue-Wed......everything then was great. On the drive home he started feeling a little poor about 3/4's of the way home.......just kinda kept getting worse. My sis took him to the Dr yesterday......and they immediately admitted him.

Well, he's in the right place and hopefully on the mend.

Not-so-good morning for you ashauler. Sorry bout your dad. I'll be praying for him.

My morning is ok. About to go to work. Nother day, nother nickel! Everyone else try to have a good day!
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
    and I'm not sure about the former." -
    Albert Einstein

Sorry to hear about your father ashauler. Hope he recovers quickly. That's how I lost mine.

As for my mornings, I spend them getting off work, enjoying a nice cigar on the way, and pulling a pint or 3 when I get home.
    Wild

On Tap -

1. Red IPA
    2. Extreme Red

Secondary - Mesquite Bourbon Mead

"The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind." - Humphrey Bogart

Blog Entries

Good Morning everybody......nice cold crisp morning here. Had a nice little Tat petite on the drive in today. Little full for in the morning....but I just felt the need. Went very well with my coffee and sausage biscuit.

Freaking Ks weather.....high isn't supposed to be above 35 for the rest of the week.....then the 50's on Sunday and the first part of next week with rain. Oh well, the moisture is good for the winter wheat crops.

Columbus/Canton, OH (home of the Pro Football Hall of Fame!!!)

Morning all. Woke up this morning around 5:45 a.m. to a 5 degrees temperature and went over to morning conditioning for football followed by my lifting session. It was a rough morning to say the least. Now I'm just trying to make it through classes for the rest of the day. I'm hoping it warms up past freezing this weekend so I can try to enjoy a nice cigar and just relax.

Hope everyone is well.

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey-OH View Post
    Morning all. Woke up this morning around 5:45 a.m. to a 5 degrees temperature and went over to morning conditioning for football followed by my lifting session. It was a rough morning to say the least. Now I'm just trying to make it through classes for the rest of the day. I'm hoping it warms up past freezing this weekend so I can try to enjoy a nice cigar and just relax.

Hope everyone is well.
    Good morning...Nobody gives a shit what you do or have to say. It's time for you to take a hike.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge View Post
    Good morning...Nobody gives a shit what you do or have to say. It's time for you to take a hike.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey-OH View Post
    Morning all. Woke up this morning around 5:45 a.m. to a 5 degrees temperature and tripped over my dumbass which seems to be hanging out everywhere, and stuck my head in the toilet because I really can't tell my head from my ass.
    Hope everyone is well.
    huh?
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Blog Entries

Good Morning all,
    Another cold crisp morning here in the heartland.....wind has died down and turned form North to South....supposed to be 50+ tomorrow, wooohoo. Our washer took a crap last week so maybe I can get a new one picked up and installed over the weekend. At least the wifey is looking at the "economy" models so it might not kill my cigar budget entirely.

Hope everybody is well and has a great day!! Think I'll start mine off with an RyJ reserva real on the way to the office.

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    Good Morning all,
    Another cold crisp morning here in the heartland.....wind has died down and turned form North to South....supposed to be 50+ tomorrow, wooohoo. Our washer took a crap last week so maybe I can get a new one picked up and installed over the weekend. At least the wifey is looking at the "economy" models so it might not kill my cigar budget entirely.

Hope everybody is well and has a great day!! Think I'll start mine off with an RyJ reserva real on the way to the office.
    I love R&J's in the morning!!! What a trip. Though I was the only one. I like the R&J Reserve Maduro...(Think I might have sent you one a while back) Try it with a cup of coffee...Nice way to start the day.
    Last edited by Maduro Man; 01-25-2008 at 09:41 AM. Reason: more info

Bored in the office, cannot be bothered to be rusheed off my feet today.
    I thought it was a tampon joke!

Morning all. So today is "Safety and Total Health Day" here at Boeing. Among other things we always get crappy little freebies when we walk into the building in the morning. In the past we've gotten little LED keychains, tiny bottles of hand sanitizer, etc. Mostly useless stuff. But today we get these giant desktop water bottles with little spigots. This is actually the first ones of these giveaways that I'll actually use!

Oh, and had a RASCC this morning

spiffy

Thread Information