Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cuba Bound

Shearstown, Newfoundland (A suburb of Bay Roberts)

Default Cuba Bound

We just got done booking our trip. We fly out of Toronto on the morning of November 13th to Camaguey. Then a 90 minute ride to the resort at Santa Lucia on a jutting set of quays on the north side of the island.

This summer and fall (so far) have been living hell with no rest or break, so it's time to get some serious R&R away from kid, phones, work, dogs, golf, motorcycle, etc . Nothing to do except sample & shop for cigars, and to smoke and drink myself silly!

It's 7 days of all-inclusive heaven. Flight, transfers, resort, meals, drinks, all included for $397 canadian + taxes each. Total bill came to under $1200 Canadian.

I'm really looking forward to it and I'll keep a smoking log to post when I get back.

Mmmmmmmmmm, how many days away is that?? I'm so fuggin tired I'd have to take off my socks to count past 10.

><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Hi. My name is Jim and I like to shave!

Very nice....even nicer that you can actually bring some back!

Have a great trip Jim!

That is insane how inexpensive that trip is.
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

Via con dios.
    In spite of all evidence to the contrary, the entire universe is composed of only two basic substances: Magic and bullshit.

My dream trip.

Have a great time and bring back some good cigars.

THAT IS AWESOME and very affordable. Enjoy the trip.

The only Cuban thing I've tried has been some Rum and it was AMAZING!!! When you're there try to find some Havanna Club Rum to try. I really enjoy it but it's so hard to get, I have to wait until somebody goes on a cruise to have them sneak a bottle back.
    Seatbelts save lives, my best friend and I are alive because of them.

Nobody is ever gone as long as there is someone to remember them.

Sweet. Have fun. Look for some aged stuff.

so 7 days, eh. Maybe now I will have a chance to catch up to you post-wise again

Quote Originally Posted by drew_goring View Post
    so 7 days, eh. Maybe now I will have a chance to catch up to you post-wise again
    LMAO, until you go back to Saskatchatoon and live off a diet of dial-up for a while!!!
    ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Have fun Jim, sounds like a helluva deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Newfie View Post
    LMAO, until you go back to Saskatchatoon and live off a diet of dial-up for a while!!!
    Lol, I am going to do whatever I can to stay in Alberta this summer

Blog Entries

Hire someone to watch your stuff while you're gone. Not that any of US would break in and steal your stereo but I did read somewhere else that you're going to Cuba. One of THOSE guys might be a criminal
    --Gerald

13. Default

You gotta check out a new rum while you're there. You might have tried it..."Ron Anjeo Arecha". I think it might be found in Canada but I'm not sure.

Have not tried it yet but the reviews are good.

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge View Post
    You gotta check out a new rum while you're there. You might have tried it..."Ron Anjeo Arecha". I think it might be found in Canada but I'm not sure.

Considering your new "defeat communism" avatar, shouldn't you be actively boycotting Cuban rum, cigars, sugar, bananas and such?

Blog Entries

I am jealous! I wish you a relaxing and sultry week.

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

16. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ScoopKW View Post
    Considering your new "defeat communism" avatar, shouldn't you be actively boycotting Cuban rum, cigars, sugar, bananas and such?

Never tasted any contraband...One day the embargo will be lifted...

Quote Originally Posted by designwise1 View Post
    Hire someone to watch your stuff while you're gone. Not that any of US would break in and steal your stereo but I did read somewhere else that you're going to Cuba. One of THOSE guys might be a criminal
    If someone wants to come in and tackle the two dogs, my daughter (God help 'em) and my future son-in-law, well .......... I highly doubt it, but thanks for the thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge View Post

Sarge, is that light or dark?? I just can't handle dark rum. I find it sickly sweet like cheap cough syrup. I have written down the name though.

Quote Originally Posted by cinda View Post
    I am jealous! I wish you a relaxing and sultry week.
    Come with us Cin, I'm sure the Wife wouldn't mind. LMFAO.

Cin, did you know this was your 666th post??

Blog Entries

I did not know that this was my 666 post..wow and I used the word sultry....hummmm maybe that is a sign I should go with you guys! giggles hey most gals like me and want me around. I am good for shopping and I can hold my liqure...not really but I am able to hold a conversation. I would be a great travel guest. If you want plan a trip to Cape cod or CT Hubby and I will show you guys around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newfie View Post
    If someone wants to come in and tackle the two dogs, my daughter (God help 'em) and my future son-in-law, well .......... I highly doubt it, but thanks for the thoughts.

Sarge, is that light or dark?? I just can't handle dark rum. I find it sickly sweet like cheap cough syrup. I have written down the name though.

Come with us Cin, I'm sure the Wife wouldn't mind. LMFAO.

Cin, did you know this was your 666th post??

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

to make it endure

Default Off in the morning

Well, vacation is finally here.

Just finished packing and nothing left to do but pull a few Maduros out of the cooli / humidors to try to barter a bit with the cigar shop staff.

I'll be back in touch on the 21st, the day after I get back That should be just about the time the Review These package gets here from across the big pond.

Have a safe week everyone. See y'all in 9 days or so!!

Blog Entries

HAVE FUN!

to make it endure

Thread Information