Thread: ACID Cigars By Drew Estates...Opinions?

Default ACID Cigars By Drew Estates...Opinions?

I keep running across advertisments and reviews for ACID cigars by Drew Estates...I have read reviews that both praise and condemn this line of cigars. I happened to run across a box resting on the bottom shelf of the walk in humidor at my local tobacconist shop the other day and was intrigued by both the box design and the fact that it was the only open box of cigars with the lid closed. Curious I opened the box and was overwhelmed by a strange menthol like aroma that erupted from from it. I dropped the lid out of shock, thinking that somehow I had done something wrong. I didn't buy any and have yet to try one but am still curious about them. Has anyone had the opportunity to try this brand?

2. Default

I have some Acid Kuba Kuba. I'd trade ya some if your interested.

3. Default

I liked the Kuba Kuba, but I found that they have a draw problem. Some of them can be very hard to pull on. I have a box of Acid 1's that and I think that is their finest cigar. If I'm in the mood for a light flavored cigar I go with the Natural line by Drew Estates. Spice, Nectar, Juicy Lucy and Dirt are all quite good as long as you keep in mind that they are flavored. I don't put any of the Acids in my humidor with my other Cigars since the flavoring tends to overwhelm everything else.

Where's Scotty? How the hell did this get by without his expert opinion....

SCOTTY - PAGING SCOTTY!!!!

We got an Acid question in aisle 3...

Damn you, Scotty... If you're gonna go wander off and surf the Internet, would you please take a pager with you??? We got a new guy here with a question about Acids and you're nowhere to be found!!! We gotta take care of our newer members - neglect's going to cause them to leave!!!

5. Default

if i had acids, i would give you every one of them. i had a bad episode with an acid in march of this year. not my cup of tea
    "I'm just trying to get through life without lookin' stupid...guess that isn't workin' out"

6. Default

Ive never really liked any of the acid line...

K&P

7. Default

The acid roams are very nice and smoth.Nice draw

Default purist

Personally, I smoke cigars for the flavor of quality tobacco - nothing else. Flavored cigars seem anti-cigar. Feel the same about coffee - no cinnamon, hazelnut, etc. Just hot and black.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

FPDoc77 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by basil
    Personally, I smoke cigars for the flavor of quality tobacco - nothing else. Flavored cigars seem anti-cigar. Feel the same about coffee - no cinnamon, hazelnut, etc. Just hot and black.
    Agreed....acid is terrible. I would rather smoke my leather shoe.

ForgedByFire Guest

Quote Originally Posted by FPDoc77
    Its funny we all look for hints of these things, yet dismiss the favored cigars. Personally, I dont smoke flavored cigars but I wonder if its more of a machismo thing than a cigar thing.

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ForgedByFire
    Its funny we all look for hints of these things, yet dismiss the favored cigars. Personally, I dont smoke flavored cigars but I wonder if its more of a machismo thing than a cigar thing.
    I don't think we look for hints of flavors so much as we use known flavors to describe the flavor of a cigar.

I don't think its a machismo thing but rather a taste issue. I enjoy smoking a pipe in the winter and sometimes smoke aeromatics. To me the acids just taste bad. I find it a lot easier to enjoy a perdomo esv, Padron 64/26, sancho Dbl Mad, etc. than to struggle through an acid. I have tried other non-acid flavored cigars but I find that after the first 1/4 and flavor dies and I am left with just a cigar made from crappy tobacco.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fpdoc77
    fpdoc talking to himself

What a freakin'

ASSHOLE
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

I pretty much stay away from anything that says Drew Estate on it
    Have you ever thought about maybe turning off the TV, sitting down with your kids...and hitting them?

Thread Information